ZaphodX's PA videos - updated daily

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zaphodx, July 17, 2013.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I'm starting to hate this - Suddenly all you need to repel an attack is correct intel and 5 fabbers. Sigh.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

3. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

:D
  4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Oh god....LOL
  5. zaphodx

6. midspark

midspark Member

A shame about those orbital lasers. And really, I thought you had the right strategy and getting as many nukes and just nuking the moon would have been the way to go but that 2fps simulation really makes the game not enjoyable.
  7. zaphodx

8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I see you listened to the haters when it came to icons, damn them. The official icons suck when planes come on the field. is it a Kestrel? A Peregrine? Who the hell knows! I think the shrinkage on the latest set is probably a bit much though, especially combined with the downscaling on the recording.

Also, who the hell is Jaguar? :)
    cptconundrum likes this.
  9. Quitch

Caught bits of the stream today. Can't say as I like YouTube for live casting. Quality was lower, but I'm assuming it's due to your stream settings rather than YouTube. My issue is that the chat to video layout sucks, and worse is that entering something in chat then doesn't keep focus on the chat box so you have to click in there every time you want to say something, if you forget you end up doing weird **** in the browser through keyboard shortcuts.

On the other hand YouTube streaming is obviously going to better leverage your subscriber base.

Finally, you are now obligated to open all casts with "Hello and welcome, I'm ZaphodX and I'm a naughty ferret."
    Last edited: March 9, 2014
    mered4 and zaphodx like this.
  10. zaphodx

11. zaphodx

12. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

ZaphodX, I have to say, YOU are BY FAR the BEST commentator for PA games!
    you caught the intensity in these tournament videos really well, it got me sucked in like watching a spanish football league match! :D
    really well done no wonder you got a sore throat...
    ps: is the cool space background a mod?!
    megustapl likes this.
  13. Quitch

It was great having Zaphod exclaim in horror at some of the things I was doing. A joyful role reversal :)
  14. zaphodx

Hey thanks. More tournament casting coming up over the next few weeks.
    The space background is one I made but I can't distribute it because I don't own the images. You can use these though!
    philoscience and Manwolf like this.
  15. zaphodx

16. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

really well done Zaphod! I recon you should get an extra tenner from the winning pot for the commentating :D
    the last game was the best; but I still dont understand the aversion to water expansion just yet... both players could have at least built an extra (water-) factory for "offensive defences" or at least shut off air-eal paths (in between them!!!). however I do get that one wants to play his style, but i think thats what makes a really good player too: using the environment to ones advantage (also placing turrets in choke points etc.).
    anyhow, once again, really well commentated!

Others commentaries are sometimes are a real pain for me to watch because (that's why I usually just refuse them):
    - they don't comment on the game, they usually just say what comes to their minds.
    - they comment on the game, find an error and are totally snotty about how "obvious" that mistake is and just really exploit the problem
    - they don't explain WHY things are played is a certain fashion...
    - they have a horrible american accent - yeah, yeah sorry, but for me american english sounds really dull after 5mins...all comparisons begin with "like" - spiced with the occasional "seriously" - and there are just too many repetitions...of course generalisations are idiotic too, so thats just my subjective issue...!
    ZaphodX's comments are:
    - always focused on the game
    - always visually on spot...he hardly misses a nuke ;)
    - he always explains WHY things get built, expansions made, frontlines drawn and units lost!
    - its always in context of the most recent patch; and offers a look into how cool mods can appear (background/UI)
    - has (for me) a very entertaining humour (sometimes ;) ) but can also focus on the intensity of the game correctly

I'm not writing this to kiss someones butt; I just want to show my appreciation to someone who can produce entertaining computer game matches - a thing of high rarity!

cheers Zaphod...! what are you drinking...Stella?! ;)
    Quitch and zaphodx like this.
  17. zaphodx

Hey thanks man :) I'm just drinking cordial haha. I drink alcohol once in a blue moon.
  18. Quitch

Well I did hear you propose on your livestream implementing the Zaphod drinking game.

Yes, yes, this all sounds pretty acc... wait... what?
    Manwolf likes this.
  19. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

LOVE the idea! good point! haha cheers you too!
  20. zaphodx