You're In! Come Smash Some Planets With Us, Backers!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 19, 2013.

1. onara1111

onara1111 New Member

O My!, I may have a problem. I logged into the Uber website and went to the link "My Keys" and "My Account" It doesn't show anything. I did verify the email address. Should I be worried?

I did keep a copy of my PayPal Trasaction ID from the time I made the purchase. I hope that will help if I got overlooked.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

did you get an email telling you that you are in already? They are sending out mails in waves. So your key might not be active just yet.
  3. onara1111

onara1111 New Member

No email stating I was "in". My son saw the Story on Reddit about Uber's latest update stating those who supported the KickStarter were already in.. So that's what prompted me to look into this today. My KickStarter $50 dollar contribution was made in September of 2012. Since then I honestly forgot about it.
    snierke likes this.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The actual kickstarter update is pretty clear on this;

"We’re doing this in waves. As you read this, in fact, we’re sending out the first wave of codes to users. Over the coming days, we’ll continue sending out codes until everyone is in. If you don’t get an invite today, don’t worry! We’ll get to you. We promise. Pinky swear!"

Just gotta wait it out! ;p

Mike
  5. themindlessone

themindlessone Member

Congrats uber, this is excellent news, and another classy move on your part. I've never known a game company look after their user base as much as you have done.
    stormingkiwi and LavaSnake like this.
  6. onara1111

onara1111 New Member

Rolling out the codes in batches is actually a good idea. Being an Old Timer who has spent many hours on such a few number of games I can understand Uber's method verses what happened with the SimCity release. At least this way the chance of overloaded servers and stuff like that maybe avoided.
  7. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Question then : did you confirmed your pledge ?
    I remember that KS Backers had to confirm their pledge to get everything right.
    Check this link.
    Beside, have a look at the official FAQ (previous link cames from there), might also be helpful.
  8. onara1111

onara1111 New Member

Neumeusis,

Thank you for that link. I entered my email address and got this message
    "Pledge found. An email has been sent to xxxxx with a secure link to redeem your pledge."
    So I feel much better seeing my pledge was found,

Thank you once again.
  9. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

So since the add-on keys will be activated in the coming days, will this apply to the USB game key keys? If so should there be an 'un-betafied' key in my account or will it show up whenever it gets activated?
  10. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

The USB game keys will be made once the game has been completed and is launched into Retail. As the game is currently in Beta, we do not have the thumb drives available yet.
  11. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

ninja'd

I'm not really sure thinking when the thumb drives get shipped out because those keys from my understanding our bound to it.;) Other than that I'm waiting for mine too.:cool:
  12. godsgimp

godsgimp New Member

This is so awesome. When I backed, feels like a long time ago, I chose the $40 tier that was split into two keys, one with beta access. So I've already been playing with my key. The other key I bought for a friend who was a big TA fan. Now I'm really looking forward to giving it to him, since he can get in earlier now too :) One question, in the Uber store my pledge is listed as "$40 Reward Tier Bundle" - These sorts are included in this announcement right? I don't want to tell my mate and get his hopes up to early!
    LavaSnake likes this.
  13. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Yes, I believe so.
  14. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I believe the $40 tier bundle for the Kickstarter pledge granted one Beta key. When you finalized your pledge, did you buy a Retail key as well? If you'd like to send a ticket to support to find out more about your purchase, please email support@uberent.com or submit a ticket from here: http://support.uberent.com
    LavaSnake likes this.
  15. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Have more then 3 diferent prices in beta, since 1 moment until last was the worst that uber could done to us.

At least they showld have say that in all process game price could drop, i will never forget this, i pay about 125 euros when i could have pay - 40 euros in beta fase....

Its call transparency...

Sry its my poket crying.....
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That's not the issue though, because you should always assume prices will drop. We were just kind of annoyed that other people paid the same amount as we did and got into the game sooner, all because we paid early to make sure Uber had extra money for development. It wasn't really a big deal to me at the time though, and now I'm just too excited that I'll be getting my key soon to care about that sale at all.
  17. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Yes, the USB thumb drives will come later.
    But i remember that they "include" a retail game key also.
    These keys are not concerned by this operation ?
  18. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I dont get what keys are you all talk about?
  19. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Urgg...

Took me time, but my trusty memory and a little bit of search => tadaa.
    stormingkiwi and mkrater like this.
  20. godsgimp

godsgimp New Member

Thanks I'll email now. I'm pretty sure I finalized the split, one beta access and one retail, totalling two copies, it was one of the available tiers on Kickstarter :)