You're In! Come Smash Some Planets With Us, Backers!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 19, 2013.

1. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Brilliant :) I'm glad Uber care, you guys are great! I look forward to smashing planets!
  2. ethannino

ethannino Member

Sweet, I got my code!

I backed the Arkyd 100 space telescope at the 90 dollar level, which included a copy of the game. I was wondering, can I get the code for that game sent to my brother?
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

You could give the code for your brother when you get it or PM BradNicholson about it.;)
  4. doushibag

doushibag New Member

Awesome, thanks guys, I got my key! Was wondering, is beta online only for now (or always online only until release) or can I download and play offline and report in with issues? Glad to have supported this game early. Big TA fan who was let down by Sup Com, looking forward to this one!
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Online only so far, the Release version will allow players to create servers on thier own machines to play 'offline'. The thing with letting beta testers the ability to play 'offline' pretty much throws the doors wide open on pre-release piracy.

Mike
  6. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

To day is a good day! Because I just read this today!!!:p
  7. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

May be a redondant question, but the Game Loaded USB Key that was available during the Kickstarter comes with a retail key.
    Are these kind of keys also concerned ?
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Online-locked for beta, should be fully downloadable for online or stand-alone offline play once released.
  9. onara1111

onara1111 New Member

Hey Guys, I'm an old timer who plays Total Annihilation the way most people play Solitaire. I have tried to make heads or tails of the whole Kickstarter thing and even whipped out my credit card and forked over $50 bucks when my kids showed me the webpage. That was a couple months ago. Now I see the latest news that if you donated to KickStarter you are in, Hurray!!! Now I have a couple questions.

1- Is there a way to verify that I am in the roll out? I get a lot of junk email or spam and to be honest I may have already received an email and had it filtered.

2- I keep hearing about Steam. Do you have to be a member of that too to play the game?

Thanks for any clarification.
  10. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Hey Old Timer !

1. You can connect to the Uber Store to see if your key is ready.
    Check the "My Account" and "My Keys" links at the top right.

2. Steam is a kind a tool allowing you to have all your games in one place, with some fancy stuff like friend lists, forums and so on.
    Not mandatory to play PA. If you never used it until now, you will probably never need it.
  11. actionjezus6

actionjezus6 New Member

Hello there,
    I am $20 tier backer.
    I would like to have PA on Steam - will there be a way for me to add it ? If I activate my Key for Beta play, would I still have ability to get PA on Steam ?
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You can convert your key once you have it.
  13. thetrophysystem

And to clarify, and I honestly don't know this from experience, but I know if you convert your regular key to Steam then you can use off Steam and use the Uber Launcher too, and I am fairly certain if you have Steam you can use the Uber Launcher as well (I forget though if there is a converter for steam>uber as there is for uber>steam, or if you just need account clearance on one key and your account works for both).

Either way, positively works either through steam on both, or through uber on both.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  14. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

once you log in and play the game once through steam the account links to uber so you can play it on both steam or through the uber launcher.

There is also a link to manually link the accounts too.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  15. thetrophysystem

So basically, account clearance.

If you get it at Uber, you can get a steam download key and the game works with your Uber account. If you get it at Steam, downloading it and logging in once will link your account to use with both.

Either way, you get access to both with either. Thanks for clarifying which it was, maxpowerz!
    maxpowerz likes this.
  16. maxpowerz

The reason for this is that the game is hosted on uber's servers so when you play the steam version it still log's in to uber and plays the game on uber's server system where the main game framework is hosted.
  17. actionjezus6

actionjezus6 New Member

Thank you - I am a moron, for not seeing that option >.<
  18. comham

comham Active Member

Hooray, I got my key! Unfortunately I get "pa.exe has stopped responding" as soon as I start it. Ah well.
  19. thetrophysystem

Find a thread from someone else who made one today. Make sure to go to "Run...", enter "dxdiag", save the information file at the end when asked, and post that file on the forums. Someone can help you with it.

Alternatively, to troubleshoot yourself, make sure to update your graphics card driver, your audio card driver, your .net framework, and your directx.
  20. maxpowerz

Update you graphics card drivers, or upload your dxdiag.txt and i will point you in the right direction or fix any issues you may encounter starting the game :)