Your ideas of a new class

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by wtfyourdead, March 16, 2011.

1. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I don't want a new class. It's already balanced enough.
  2. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I don't want new characters as long as the game stays 6 v 6.
  3. Kurokenji

Kurokenji New Member

How about a robotic class? (or half-robotic,same for me as long as he/it have robotic limbs) He can be the pinnacle of the engineering/bioengineering sections of the scientific teams,and it/he could have abilities to enhance allied robots,or produce little buff/attack pets that could help him or the team in battle. (I'm thinking of the little side-ships that helps you in side-scrolling shotting games).
    Those little bots could deploy shields,slow the enemy players or just the enemy toasters...Hell,the robot could transform itself in a jumper,or shoot some dmg-over-time blobs on the enemy.
    It's just an Idea that needs working. So,how about that as a new class?
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

I really do like the idea of a class that buffs bots more than the support does.
  5. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

yh but as stated by you. you said it has to offer something new or different. Having that ability in makes it similar to a support
    It sounds to similar to a support but the apperance does sound like an interesting idea. The pets however, is kinda pointless as we have that spawn bots thing for a reason and it sounds too complicated to put into play.
  6. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

This doesnt really have anything to do with balancing its about adding something new to spice up the game. Thats my opinion though so i properbly see it differently to your point of view.
    The game will obviously stay 6 v 6 as i think having more players will cause some implications but what does adding new chracters have anything to do with increasing the amount of players in a game?
  7. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I just had a rough idea for a character that needs refinement, but the basic idea is a chameleon/shape-shifter.

It can turn into bots and other players, maybe even turrets.
    When transformed, it has the abilities of the object it became, plus its own unique grapple/alternative weapon if it becomes a bot or turret.
    The point would be that it could blend in perfectly with a crowd of bots and grapple Assassins who come too close.

What it becomes depends on the closest valid object.
    So it could become a Jack Bot, but not at the beginning of the match. This could also be regulated by upgrades.

When you become another player, you retain his or her upgrades at the time of changing and stay that way until dead.
    Upgrading yourself still applies to the Shapeshifter class.

It would be fun to change into Juicebot and the mascot as well. You would basically have no attack and be doomed to die after a fixed period of time, but you could walk into your teams base and let them shoot you there, helping your team and not the enemy.

Without shape-shifting, the class would still have a method of attack, though I dont have time now to think of the details.
    Your objective would be to get near the object you want to become and then activate your skill to turn into that object.
    Just hope there isnt something else behind you that is accidentally even closer!

This class is not practical, but it sure would be fun to play as all the different things in the game.

L. Spiro
    Last edited: March 22, 2011
  8. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

That sounds like it'd be a bitch to program, but it does sound badass.
  9. tpsky

tpsky New Member

I like the idea of a DOT class, but perhaps something more well known for it, like a poison class. God that would be annoying :D
  10. Kurokenji

Kurokenji New Member

Poison? Like a tiny guy from the savannah who blows poisonous darts? If we inspire ourselves from Unreal,he could also throw slow poisonous balls which can explode in different ways depending on the ammunition used to touch it (ex: Sniper's explosive rounds -> Balls explode in tiny explosive balls ; Touched by the tank's flamethrower -> Put the enemy ablaze with fire arrows etc)
  11. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

adding a new class might break the game
  12. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

How so??? :?: :?: :?:
  13. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

As it is now, the game is 6 v 6, and every class fulfills a purpose in each of those positions, meaning two of one class will weaken a team. Putting a 7th character with new purposes can offset the current balance and make some classes unnecessary. To keep the balance with new characters, they cannot implement new purposes or the maximum player count must increase to allow every character to be used on a team.
  14. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

They are already making a new class, so they say.
    But the way I see it, each class is weak against one other. Any additions should come in pairs.
    You cant add a single new class without adding its counter-class.

L. Spiro
  15. Runie

Runie New Member

Unless they design it in such a way that their counter already exists.
  16. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Didn't they just say they were thinking of a new character, not specifically a class? And yes, if the game remains 6v6, a new class wouldn't be a good thing.
  17. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I say the new class should be like indiana jones crossed with Gary Bucey
  18. Runie

Runie New Member

You mean Busey?
  19. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I dont know. To my lifes greatest shame I must admit that I was skimming when I read that.

L. Spiro
  20. zenstar

zenstar New Member

So you mean the new class should be a scary guy with a whip? :shock: