Your endorsement loadouts

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by zarakon, December 30, 2010.

1. Kuga

Kuga New Member

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\HostileGame\Config\HostileBalance.ini has the information that you are looking for. DefaultBalance.ini in the same directory has the information in a more readable format, but I'm not sure if the class information is the same.

Edit - To be more specific:
    Code:
    BAL_END_ARMOR_1=100
    BAL_END_ARMOR_2=200
    BAL_END_ARMOR_3=300
    BAL_END_CRIT_MULT_1=0.1
    BAL_END_CRIT_CHANCE_1=2
    BAL_END_CRIT_MULT_2=0.15
    BAL_END_CRIT_CHANCE_2=3
    BAL_END_CRIT_MULT_3=0.25
    BAL_END_CRIT_CHANCE_3=5
    BAL_END_HEALTH_REGEN_1=0.8
    BAL_END_HEALTH_REGDEL_1=0.8
    BAL_END_HEALTH_REGEN_2=0.7
    BAL_END_HEALTH_REGDEL_2=0.7
    BAL_END_HEALTH_REGEN_3=0.6
    BAL_END_HEALTH_REGDEL_3=0.6
    BAL_END_JUICE_1=10
    BAL_END_JUICE_2=15
    BAL_END_JUICE_3=25
    BAL_END_ROF_1=0.9
    BAL_END_ROF_2=0.8
    BAL_END_ROF_3=0.7
    BAL_END_SKILL_1=0.25
    BAL_END_SKILL_2=0.35
    BAL_END_SKILL_3=0.5
    BAL_END_SPEED_1=25
    BAL_END_SPEED_2=50
    BAL_END_SPEED_3=100
    BAL_END_SPREAD_1=0.8
    BAL_END_SPREAD_2=0.65
    BAL_END_SPREAD_3=0.5
    BAL_END_CLIP_1=0.4
    BAL_END_CLIP_2=0.6
    BAL_END_CLIP_3=1
    BAL_END_RELOAD_1=0.8
    BAL_END_RELOAD_2=0.7
    BAL_END_RELOAD_3=0.6
    It's useful to know the exact values for everything. The interesting variables are BAL_END_CRIT_MULT and BAL_END_HEALTH_REGDEL. The former implies that taking the critical hit endorsement has an effect on the damage multiplier for critical hits. For example, a Gold Endorsement should increase critical chance by 5% and make critical shots do 3*(1+0.25)=3.75 times the normal damage. I'm not totally sure, but I think that BAL_END_HEALTH_REGDEL is health regeneration delivery. Which would mean that BAL_END_HEALTH_REGEN is the multiplier for BAL_XXXXX_HEALTH_REGTM (Where XXXXX is for light/med/heavy class), which decreases the time without damage before regeneration starts, and BAL_END_HEALTH_REGDEL is the multiplier for BAL_XXXXX_HEALTH_DEL, which is the rate of recovery. Or they could be the same thing and I could be a moron. =<

It would be appreciated if a dev were willing to shed some light on this.

More Edit:
    Upon some crude testing, my observations appear to confirm that the health regeneration endorsement reduces the time before regeneration occurs and also increases the amount of regeneration per second. My times were approximately equal to what the factors suggest. I tested with a gunner and mortar self damage. Gold Clip Size/Silver RoF/Bronze Health Regen or reload speed. (Mortar level 2, not that it should matter before splitting)

Time until regeneration appeared to be 8 seconds without health regen, and around 6ish with. (Which makes sense as 8*.8=6.4) For the regeneration amount testing, I just got close to a wall, looked down as far as possible, and fired the entire clip of mortars at my feet, and measured the time it took to recover all of my health once the regeneration kicked in. Without, I measured approximately 5.5 seconds and with was around 4ish (Also 5.5*.8=4.4.) I would like another person to verify this though.
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

can you move those values around to see exactly what they do in single player mode?

edit: NOPE! changing anything there crashes the game
  3. CrancK

CrancK New Member

i've already made a nice list of the variables found in defaultBalance & hostileBalance.ini
    viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5653

(maybe usefull?)

(also, maybe dedi server owners can change those values without crashing?)