Your best moment in PA so far?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brandonpotter, October 14, 2014.

1. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

The successful orbital invasion of a moon that was heading towards my planet. My team and our opponents had both launched moons at each other, but we managed to invade the enemies moon while in transit and destroy the halleys, leaving it in the closest possible orbit around the sun before it was slingshotted towards us. It was an entirely unnecessary move as neither of our commanders were at risk and our own moon finished the game moments later, it was just a nice touch to safeguard our planets.
  2. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Haven't had an epic moment yet..dunno why but feel like pa is missing that when compared to supcom. Hopefully they add certain units and game play that allows for epic come backs and battles
  3. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Back in early beta, when I was actually good. I'd never really excelled at a game before, so being able to go toe-to-toe with the top players in the world was pretty exciting for me (even if I didn't actually win all that often...)
  4. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

match started 8 players i tryed allying everyone everyone denied it i run to the Metal planet builr up defesnses a hostile Orbital builder built a gate and tanks and armord tanks flooded throw with a commander i tryed to alliy him he denied so i bombed him with 50 bombers and said "you should of allyed!" then when i was building the Cyctilis i had 2 done then a nuke hit one near compleaction 5 nukes where fired but i did compleat it and as i was destroying the battlefield i yalled "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO NOT ALLY WITH ME!!" and my base on the starting planet was still alive :p
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I guess that was outside of PA. I suddenly heard something I had totally forgotten existed. The sentence "unit cap reached".
    I have been playing PA and Tota war so much lately that the concept of a unit cap had totally escaped my mind ;)
  6. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Just had my most EPIC PA moment ever. 1Vs1 in GW, aaand...beat the Enemy Commander in 1:34 minutes XD
  7. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Man. My favorite moment is still that one time I Annihilazered the wrong planet during an epic demo at PAX in Seattle.
  8. brandonpotter

LOl, You musta felt dumb XD
  9. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Was it better than the time you beat Matiz in kotp?
    zihuatanejo, elodea and squishypon3 like this.
  10. BradNicholson

Oh, dude, it was hilarious. Zaphod slapped me on the back of the head as soon as I fired. It was great.
    zihuatanejo, squishypon3 and Remy561 like this.
  11. BradNicholson

Nothing can compare to the time I annihilated matiz 1v1.
  12. brandonpotter

I can just imagine that. LOL.
  13. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

By far, the most absurd and awesome games I had were with cumsume. We built as many vehicle fabbers as we could, then pumped out skitters by the hundreds. Playing against people who were actually trying, this wasn't super easy, but when you get about 1500-2000 skitters amassed, commanders become paper. :p
  14. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

There is the odd collection of jokes about "how to shoot yourself in the foot" in different Operating Systems, Programming Langauges, Martial Arts, Cultures, ...

Looks like somebody never aims as small as feet ;)
  15. BradNicholson

Actually, here's a funny internal story ...

Before we released bomb bots externally, we had a series of playtests targeted at trying them out and seeing how they interacted with other units in the game. Generally speaking, that's how it goes when you want to see what a new unit adds to the game. It's a process.

During the very first playtest, I decided to take off my science cap and instead went for an all-out rush with bomb bots. At the time, they were basically insta-death. Very cheap, very powerful. So, there I was, with about 20-30 bot factories just spilling out bomb bots. When I gathered around 300-500 of them, I mobilized and starting taking every player out, one-by-one. I'd rush into their base, surround their Commander, and chuckle as they blew up.

Very quickly, it was just me and He Who Shall Not Be Named left in the game. I roll up into the backside of his base and start taking out all his production. I'm looking for his Commander, right? I spot him. Then, I swarm him with my army. After a second or so of watching his Commander struggle to break through the circle of bomb bots (easily hundreds deep), most of the bots explode and his Commander goes down with them.

Immediately, he comes BURSTING out of his office. "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT BOMB BOT DAMAGE."

It was epic. I laughed pretty hard.
    zgrssd, zihuatanejo, corteks and 7 others like this.
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

He Who Shall Not Be Named = Iniferator?
  17. BradNicholson

my lips are sealed!
    cdrkf, squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  18. brandonpotter

We still need our Bacon Commander :p
  19. plague11

plague11 Member

getting kick off my starting planet then come back later on in the game with a force of over 500 units in total full of doxs and just wiping out my enemy's base also had some tier 2 some where in there. also having my planet smash counter with another planet smash
  20. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Best moment so far is probably the last few hours - offered to spectate my friend playing against the AI, to show him the meta and just generally teach him. About 4 other people ended up speccing with my friend along the way as I played quite a few games, and I tried my best to teach them. Was generally good fun and culminated with a great game against @wstxbb (who is ranked higher than me, so much so I thought he would easily destroy me, but he had a bad spawn and I had a good one, so it balanced out into a half hour game of give and take!).

Ended up adding a few more players to my friends list and felt like I helped some people get into the game, who might otherwise have been put off by the learning curve/stark difference to other RTS games/being slaughtered by better players all the time!