You like space battles? Well I've got a recommendation for you!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tehtrekd, June 21, 2015.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

It's called "Strike Suit Infinity". Just picked it up off the Steam Sale for like, $2 and it's FANTASTIC.

It's actually pretty simplistic, you drive and aim with the mouse (it's a little awkward at first but easy to get used to), fire your regular gun with LMB and missiles with RMB. You can use an EMP burst to destroy enemy missiles and in order to hit enemies you actually have to aim ahead of them like in War Thunder. When you kill enemies you get "flux" which allows you to turn your fighter into a mech for a short period of time, which basically lets you hold shift to simply lock on to enemies.

Despite the simplicity the game's difficulty is actually pretty spot on. You actually have to be a pretty good flyer once you're a few levels in otherwise you'll get blown to hell, because the waves are pretty large, not to mention it's just fun to fly around in space blowing things up.

Oh, and lest I forget, the game looks pretty damn great, it's got a pretty hype soundtrack and it even runs great on my crappy machine. 234160_screenshots_2013-05-07_00008.jpg

It also has a sequel which from what I've seen looks like more of the same with a new coat of paint.

EDIT: Actually, apparently Infinity is the sequel (or I guess more of a spinoff).
    Last edited: June 21, 2015
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I backed this on KS ages ago and played it a bit when it came out but never made my way back to it, seeing it again on the steam sale made sure I have in stalled and hope to play it again soon! xD

Mike
    igncom1 likes this.
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It is really really cool.

Although finishing the entire campaign in SSZ before learning that ships have radiators that you can shoot to blow them up was.....a hard blow.

The amount of times I cleaned cruisers and carriers up of their weapons and then had to wait for friendly ships to finish them was incredible.