XShadowStormX's Pro Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by XShadowStormX, August 12, 2010.

1. Ship

Ship New Member

Two sniper questions:

Does the accuracy endorsement help your sniper?

and

You told us your gold, but what are the two other endorsements you seem to find the most effective?
  2. TheZengo

TheZengo New Member

Whats your take on Dual Miniguns? Over-powered or fair?
  3. intelekt

intelekt New Member

I honestly do not think a Dev is going to say anything is overpowered in the game..

On the same note.. the game is really quite balanced.. go read all the is this or that class overpowered threads... this question is soooo last week!
  4. devorax

devorax Member

I know I'm not shadow but I can answer that first question.

Unless you are an active member of OpTic-Gaming and want to no scope all the time, then no, accuracy is not a good choice for sniper. It makes your non-scoped reticle smaller making your non-scoped shots a bit more centered.
  5. Turnip

Turnip New Member

Is a leve 3 backstab always lethal to all classes?

Could a sniper with gobi-numb survive it if he had bacon?
    if not
    Could a tank with gobi-numb and bacon while being healed survive it?
  6. Dudeman25

Dudeman25 New Member

For a bronze level endorsement, what would be the better benefit for my Assault? Health Regen or Armor?

Currently it's Gold- Skill Recov and Silver- Accuracy.
  7. sokoto

sokoto New Member

Is murdok a good sniper?

Also what is the best 3 endorsements for support in your opinion?
  8. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

A tank with gold or silver endorsements can survive a backstab without bacon or being healed. His passive should be upgraded though.
  9. Surberus

Surberus New Member

As an Assassin I can jump over them with my dash(X) and a simple jump.
  10. KahLriK

KahLriK New Member

This is a general tip for all classes:

At the beginning of the game, don't buy any skills. Instead, rush to your two favorite short range turret spots and build two Level 3 Lazer turrets.

They'll get your more kills quicker money, and they're a bigger asset to your team than you having a level 2 skill.
  11. Proven

Proven New Member

Personally, I think there are better combinations, especially if you spend you first few moments fighting off the first waves of bots. Depending on the arena I either build one Lazer blazer, or one long shot, upgrade and then buy a skill. Especially if I'm Support or Tank, both of which have very good Passive's for rushing the first bot wave and then leaving minimal turret defenses on their lane.
  12. VelociraptorBill

VelociraptorBill New Member

I usually start off with a Level 2 Longshot Turret and get my passive (as a Gunner). Longshots are freaking money machines.
  13. KahLriK

KahLriK New Member

Longshots definitely have their uses, but I think they'll become less and less valuable as Assassins get better.

I can focus fire down a Longshot turret of any level in only a few Shuriken clips, it takes no time at all. Lazers of course aren't much better, but they're far cheaper to build. You can get a level 3 for 175 dollars.

Plus, they kill in seconds if anything gets close to them.

Though, if your base isn't being attacked at all, they're totally useless, whereas Longshots will rake in the cash all game long.

It really depends on the state of the game, I'd say. Lazers are better for defense, Longshots for offense. I'm seeing more people buy Ice turrets too... Those are beginning to become annoying, especially because I think the cold aura reveals my location even while cloaked. It gets you regardless of elevation too.
  14. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I always build ice turrets. They're essential. People copy this mid game too XD
  15. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

How are ice turrets essential? I've yet to see them as anything but worthless.
  16. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

You have to build them with a Rockit Turret preferably or at least a Laser Turret. On maps like Ammo Mule they are essential. Not only do they slow down the creep, they trap everyone that tries to go around the sides, especially assassins. People seriously underestimated them. Also they have the highest armor of all the turrets, making them more difficult to kill and easier to protect.
  17. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

It shrinks in his spread for no scopes so I wouldn't recommend it.

The other two change from armor to rate of fire to crit. I am still working out the best for my play style tbh.
  18. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

...and if the tank is overhealed, yes he can walk away from it.
  19. slob18c1

slob18c1 New Member

Hm, played a couple games with you the other day, interesting.
  20. Proven

Proven New Member

The ice turrets definitely reveal cloak, whether it's an Assassin or Gremlin.