XBLA & PC for MNC

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by iCatastrophe408, December 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iCatastrophe408

iCatastrophe408 New Member

I just wanted to say a few things. I know Microsoft is a bunch of expensive lazy whores who have to have everything their way but seriously not to be a **** but Xbox360 has the best community for game play. Ps3 & PC are low rated to me in that stuff & just for people who don't care about leaderboards or anything of that sort. PC gaming in my opinion is lame. I know cause I use to play like Ragnarok & Diablo 2 etc. Not like hardcore like WoW or COD etc. But seriously I think & I know people will dislike that im saying this but I think Uber is going to be more concerned for PC MNC than XBLA. Cause of Microsoft. I really don't have a problem with both. I mean im happy cause you guys will be making more & making people happy JUST... Don't forget where your game started & got the hit. I know like Valve doesn't play Microsoft's games & I dunno if you wanna be like them. Just I don't think you should just focus on PC. Though I know its like a new project. By the way did you hire like more people? Or you guys going to be way more busy now cause of both projects?! I know you had not that many people in Uber. Basically what I'm saying I know a lot of people who are concerned just don't forget that please. Thank you everyone have a nice day. -iCatastrophe408 :D
  2. Hako

Hako New Member

Bad wall of text...

PC has a great community, there really isn't much to say other than that. The Xbox community is very poor, and I've played both for pretty much the same amount of time. I think it's more the Games for Windows crowd that's poor, because even PC games with that have a terrible, obnoxious, know-it-all, scream-into-the-microphone majority.

I think MS just draws a bad crowd.

Valve plays tons of games. so I don't know where you got the "Valve doesn't play microsoft games" from. And Steam is by far a better platform that supports both big companies and little indie companies like Uberent not like Microsoft, who tries to siphon as much money out of everything they can (The reason why TF2 doesn't get any updates on the 360). I'm betting MNC will have a bigger PC following because there's tons of people from both of the genres this game is made out of who would love to play it and the fact that modding tools are being implemented. The huge modding community is going to flock over that I'm sure.

I'm willing to bet the Uberent will attempt to get out patches and stuff at relativly the same time, but with Microsoft taking so long to do anything with patches, PC will probably get them first, or 360 will get them first and patches will take longer to get out for both platforms.
  3. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Microsoft literally puts limits on how much a dev can support an Arcade game.

Steam does not have these limits.

Its all going to depend on how much support Uber wants to give this game that will determine if Microsoft's limitations actually hold the 360 version back.
  4. Hako

Hako New Member

I absolutely hate when people start ripping on Valve and PC games because their console games aren't being supported. It really is Microsoft's fault. =/
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're limited in the type of updates, frequency of updates that we can do on the 360 vs PC.
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

And that's really all there is to say on this topic.

If you want more updates, DLC, patches and support don't post here. Go to Microsoft, put it on their forum, send emails to their support team, comment on MS related blogs, make Youtube videos. Put the message out there.

It's not Valve's fault that TF2 on the Xbox had limited support. Complain to MS, they are the only ones who can change the rules. Uber knows how you feel about the slow support on XBLA. They can't do a thing to improve that sore spot though. If you are bound to the Xbox you have to follow MS' rules.
  7. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

It sounds to me like--and I DREAD making this comparison--MNC will go the way of TF2 in that the PC version will end up being better than the XBox version, simply because it will receive more updates.

Once the 360 reaches its limit, that's it.
    This saddens me very much.

Unless of course, you (Uber) have the plan to make equal updates for both platforms, and PC will just get them more quickly/first. I would find that fine, as long as neither version gets the upper hand on the other via more copious updates.
  8. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I totally agree with all of this.

I really, REALLY hope Uber will support both platforms evenly, and don't leave me wishing I had a better PC. Really.
  9. iCatastrophe408

Everyone does make a great point so I wont counter argue. I will admit I really hope at LEAST they split it up evenly. I really want Microsoft to see how many people actually play this & how much more money they could make too.
    Honestly if this was on disc I would totally buy it. But Microsoft is to dunce to even realize how much MNC is getting bigger & more populated than when it came out.

Yeah I make comparisons with Valve & TF2 cause its kinda like that. Though I will admit the updates & DLC has already gone farther than TF2 did.
    Which is why TF2 is like 10x more populated on PC. Valve doesn't like Microsoft one bit. If I were you guys I really wouldn't either but there is gotta be a reason why you guys started with Microsoft am I not right?
  10. Scented Midget

Scented Midget New Member

too long, did not read :geek:
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

12. iCatastrophe408

Why post that if you're not going to read it? :|
  13. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I don't want to see them leave the xbox version behind either but who can blame them? They're already updating/tweaking in the PC version and are able to test things in the public sooo quickly. Given the way MS has screwed them with both updates and the DLC I couldn't be surprised or mad if this goes the way of TF2. They've had fun making it and deserve to continue having fun and implementing new ideas too.

My hope is that they'll use the PC version to refine, then drop big updates on XBL every so often. (crossing fingers and toes)
  14. J Triple Dash

J Triple Dash New Member

if uber/ms has to charge 2600 ms points so we can get more then the 3 dlc packs that are planed then so be it. is it even possible to add more dlc after the planed releases or is that set it stone & can't be changed?
  15. Hako

Hako New Member

I'm thinking PC will get regular updates and fixes, while the 360 gets large chunk updates every couple of months or something. Being able to test things (Maps, new bots, classes, weapons, etc) on the PC, then bring them onto the 360 might be beneficial, since you can't activly have a beta period on updates on the 360.
  16. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

That sounds positive.
  17. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We have no intention of leaving the 360 behind. We'll most likely try stuff out on the PC version and package as much as we can back onto the 360 but right now we're just trying to get the PC version to a stable and shippable state.
  18. Hako

Hako New Member

Who called it? :lol:
  19. iCatastrophe408

Well I think its unfair if PC gets the stuff 1st but then again its a positive thing cause then you know what your working with. As much as I would love the DLCs & updates as soon as possible id be happy for them if they did what that one guy said do them regularly for PC & every so often for xbox360 as bigger updates.
    Small here & there for PC.
    Big there for Xbox360

I admit Microsoft sucks lol but hey they are a good company that does things well even though they are total dicks..
    Best to luck on PC.

PS: If anyone wants to play me GT: iCatastrophe408
    PC gamers your lucky you dont have to mess with me, cause im kinda of a big deal lol jk.
    Good day everyone! :D
  20. Hako

Hako New Member

I don't think you read the forum and understand. Uber, and all of the companies would -love- to update at the same time but they can't because Microsoft puts the patch into some sort of purgatory for awhile, for whatever reason, (probably deciding on what price they want to put on a free patch.) before actually updating the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.