XBIG - XBox Indie Games

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by DeadStretch, April 8, 2011.

1. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

So I played about 30 mins of Cthulhu Saves the World: The Super Hyper Enhanced Championship Edition Alpha Diamond DX Plus Alpha FES HD Premium Enhanced Game of the Year Collectors Edition (without Avatars!) and the trial of Breath of Death 7 both 16 bit RPGs made by the same company.

Both games play ~98% the same, but the story in the two are different. Both make fun of old school SNES RPGs while also paying homage to them. In BoD7 you play as a silent skeleton who is never taken seriously, (would take a skelly serious in a game? ;) ) While in Cthulu you play as the demigod Cthulu whose dark powers have mysteriously vanished, but the only way for Cthulu to get his powers back is to 'become a true hero.' Then you will be able to use your evil powers to terrorize the world.

The Battle system is made for quick, turn-based combat. The monsters get progressively tougher after each turn. Winning a battle restores all characters HP to full, and grants some MP for how fast you killed your foe. This kind of combat makes even the random battles give you a sense that you might die, while bosses are still defeat able.

From what I can gather from my little play time of the two games, Cthulhu only adds the ability to save your game at any time. But at 3$, the price is worth it. BoD cost 1 dollar BTW.

And they are both funny, like UBER the developers put jokes just about anywhere hay could in the game.
  2. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

3. Oh Snap

Oh Snap New Member

ALL PC TALK IS BANNED!!!!
  4. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

well then good thing this thread is about XBL indie games.