Wrath of Quasar

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by violetania, November 23, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

xdddddddddddddd

but srsly that's not how it works xD
  2. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

3. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

I know right, WoQ perfectly describes the group, a few of us are nerdy students that like science and space... and i just like nommy food so quasar and woq that sounds like wok... nom nom ^^ <3
  4. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

5. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I would express interest as I am affiliated to all, yet to none.

... alas I am not good so nvm.
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. avatar100400

Team Burning loves you and your scones Marshall.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You're not good? Sayeth the hero of the people, saviour of the ant and slayer of the mighty @scathis...
    ljfed and cwarner7264 like this.
  8. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

I'm trying to choose my words carefully, as this hits upon a subject that makes me a bit fearful. I don't know of all the different clans because I really don't keep track. My place in realm is a small an insignificant one, but to be among other players of varying skill levels is not a bad thing. I put in 2 months of highly concentrated effort to get to where I am. Being available to all the different players on the realm I know has helped inspire and keep the flame alive for their passion of this game.
    I love the idea of having like-minded players having their own place of gathering, but moving forward I hope we can all keep in mind that PA is seriously lacking a social aspect or entry point for new and struggling players.
    I'm not saying that I do not condone this clan. I would just ask that as we strive to make the best play better, we can find ways as well to invest in those actively trying to improve and enjoy the game.
    I still remember just a few months ago I was actively seeking uber players to play. I remember two in particular... Alpha and Qzipco being more than happy to play matches with and against me, giving me tips to improve. That was monumental to my drive to participate and get better.
    Realm was just a place I stumbled upon, a place to gather with other players and communicate. To organize games and make friends. It is a place where we are able to gather enough players to fill 16 player servers!
    I suppose that I am merely trying to share with you a perspective that we have all in one way or another had. I would hate to see this become an exodus of sorts... or a fracturing of the communities already in place. I hope that we can all retain a line of communication and play with each other... and of course hear each other's beautiful voices for much time to come.
    andreasgg, stuart98, Nicb1 and 3 others like this.
  9. violetania

You have seriously got to stop saying you suck, you and i both know you use to be infamous for saying... "oh don't worry about me i suck so... oh nvm, i just kill your commander" type thing ;)

Like the opening post states i'm open to differentiating ranks if the attitude is good. I mean i'm more than happy to teach, i regularly teach people on stream all the time, so much so i end up half losing my voice on stream sometimes =P
    But firstly, i made this clan so i could encourage better players to play and practice against. Recently, there have been quite a few 2v2s, oxide and i have regularly been doing 2v3s and 2v4s, and most of those games don't come close to being as hard as games against well oiled and well skilled teams.
    I mean it is so unsatisfying winning the 2v3s 2v4s because there is no challenge or skill in it, and i dont have to rake my head for new ideas, defend metal points or other things and i feel like that makes me a worse player because if i don't need to practice something such as scouting or defending metal so much then i won't and then i'll the out of practice with it.
    Also, I feel like there's a difference between a clan and just teaching everyone you see. I see a clan as a group of friends... and people are selective about their friends right? Or at least i'll give examples about why i want to be selective.
    Ages ago, while BRN was still alive, there was a member that applied and got approved... everyone, literally everyone avoided him, the admins had an admin channel they'd run which was locked, other people kinda just steered clear most of the time... My point here is, it must have hurt him as well, what is the point of letting everyone into a clan if everyone's going to find them annoying and he's going to end up having his feelings hurt?
    Another example would be RLM, there use to be these two people that were quite sexist, eventually i got absolutely fed up with these two and challenged them to 1v1s, i crushed one of them and the other one wouldn't play me.... but they still kept up with the crap talking, so i stopped coming on to rlm ts for about a month or so....
    Those are just 2 examples, i could go on and on about the sexism and the inconsiderate unsavory souls I've met.

Anyways, i know it's a huge rant, and i do see your perspective in exclusion. Originally i wanted to make a clan where everyone was invited but then all the ubers had separate voip powers and other, but i felt like that was too mean, also if everyone's invited, there will always be that one racist or sexist or just generally annoying person everyone avoids and it sucks for them too, so yea. Please don't judge my choice >.<
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Your banner image is broken for me :(
  11. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Im sad to hear this happened to u in RLM TS. Its been a bit of a mess lately for sure. Im really trying to get this fixed so that something like that won't happen anymore but as you just described appearantly thats easier said than done. I do wish you the best with this new clan and if your up for some games feel free to jump on TS anytime!
    proeleert, andreasgg and violetania like this.
  12. violetania

dom314 likes this.
  13. elodea

elodea Post Master General

nice, goodluck!

@underscore1112
    i wouldn't worry about new players and total newbies being excluded from this clan. It already says in the OP that they welcome players of similar skill level as the founding members.
    cptconundrum, tunsel11 and gmase like this.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

15. violetania

Elodea, you never cease to crack me up, please come back <3 I still remember the days you'd stream ranked and build a halley on your opponents planets and continue to halley them to their doom.... I MISS YOU!!!!
    And i'm not afriad to say it!

Also 5 of our 7 members are in the top 10, so you better bring back pag else we're going to replace you! Jokes <3
    Seriously though, COME BACK YOU STUPID ***!!! >.<

Also @cwarner7264, thanks heaps!!! <3
  16. neptunio

neptunio Active Member

GoW have really relaxed their recruitment required skill levels. Last I saw they only had 1 member and he was #1
    elodea, stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  17. violetania

OMG IT WAS A TYPO!!! I use my phone to post on the forums all the time! >.< I probably just forgot to check when i typed gow instead of woq.... but if you're really that depressed about the association......

I'm sorry i've tarnished the name of the godly Eshez by mentioning GoW like the filthy pleb i am, please forgive me almighty warrior!

;)
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  18. Cluster4skillz

Cluster4skillz New Member

Hello,
    To the ones who read this,

So I was Looking for a Clan and ...
    ... Yeees Yeees

Just do it!
    thanks for doing so ;)
  19. violetania

I'll will be in touch. ^^
  20. Multiponi

Multiponi New Member

Hey there,

I'm looking to join a clan and WoQ seems like the best choice out of the bunch for me. I'm a positive person with good character, i'm also very creative and am a full time artist so if ya ever need some graphic design for the clan let me know ;) I'm always up for team speak voice chat, it makes the game so much more fun. I'm not Uber rank yet but I can hold my own and i'm working to get there someday. Also, I'm on Eastern Time from New York City.