[WIP] The Realm Community Balance Mod

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by nanolathe, April 23, 2014.

1. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Yes it is. It will take some work, because galactic war works differently and can only be modded locally. Galactic war is quite bad though and we are not pleased with it. We are also waiting for the mod to be done before we even contemplate it.
  2. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

I haven't delved into GW so I may be wrong, but from what I have heard, it would be hard to do properly. There are a bunch of things that I am not sure how/if you can do, such as tweaking the AI.

There's also the issue that the current implementation of GW seems a bit lacking. I think you would probably have more fun just playing vs. the AI.

It might be something we consider in the future, but unless someone want's to personally take on this task, it probably won't happen.
  3. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I'm pretty sure @stuart98 did something simple to bodge Statera into a GW mod, but as you say the AI may not react well. It looks like they just changed the modinfo to a client mod and used the JSON as normal. I think it works because GW reads the client-side JSON, applies the buffs from cards and sends the result to the server as the stats to use. I don't know why but some cards have been shadowed too, if you want to pursue a GW version they might be able to help.

http://www.pa-mods.com/mod-entry.php?mod=com.stuart98.stateragw
    squishypon3 likes this.
  4. eRe4s3r

eRe4s3r New Member

Mhh but mods like the REALM GUI mod are already set to "client" :( And they still do not work in GW without the realm balance mod also being loaded (I really don't get why this is).

Further testing shows that if one sets balance mod to client, copies it to the client mod folder, gives it new ID, and adds that Id to mods.json the game starts in GW and all, but the commander has no.. BUILD MENU ;) (But the icons do work)

blimey

And yes I don't like GW a lot but mods could potentially make it really fun. And the balance mod makes the game *fun* just imagine when mods add the sup-com factions back in, how cool GW would be then when it'd be somehow possible to make faction leaders actually move around..... ;) And since it's all css and javascript, we could even write our own story and cutscenes...... (Just wishful thinking I guess)
  5. zweistein000

The reason may be because RCBM has completely reorganised files. As I have said, the entire GW is a lot of work for what basically is just a series of skirmish games with a rougelike elements.
  6. liquius

I have had a little go at implementing this with GW. The AI seems to work and it's using RCBM units. The only problem is getting the build bar to show up. I will investigate further.
  7. Scientiarum

Scientiarum New Member

I had tried this last week but the ui wasn't working for me so I uninstalled. Now when I try to re install it through PAMM I get an error message saying 'not found'.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

That's an odd issue... I'd suggest asking @stuart98 for help if you haven't already, as he got Statera in GW. The only issue is that custom buildings and such crash the game for some reason.. custom units are fine though as far as I know.
  9. liquius

That's very odd, you're the second person who's had that error and I can't seem to reproduce it.

When playing around with it I did have a look though what he had done, but there wasn't anything that applied to my situation in there. If I see him around I might ask.
  10. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

I am also getting the error when trying to download through PAMM - I get a popup which reads: "Failed to install 'com.pa.realmmods.rebalance'. An unexpected error occurred during the download: Not Found"

Any ideas?
  11. zweistein000

We'll be releasing another Pre-release later today, we are guessing this will fix the problems.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

As far as Galactic War modding goes
    [​IMG]

Really no one has any idea what causes the bugs in mods for that.
  13. liquius

We have now pushed another pre-release out onto PAMM. This includes a few balance tweaks (I will make a proper list), one new unit (the advanced missile tower), and a new model for the Vanguard.

Hopefully this should also fix anyone who was having issues with downloading it.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  14. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Everything works for me, good job on the update. Anyways, making a game if anyone wishes to join
    squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  15. zweistein000

it does however lack the fixes I did to the AI. Seeing that there are very little PvP RCBM games and a mostly they are PvAI I'm going to post the fixes here as a hotfix.

In order to install then go into
    "C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\server_mods\RCBM\PA\"

Delete everything inside AI folder and extract the attacked file into it.

What this should do is allow AI to do is:
    - Build solar arrays and jigs
    - Build Artemis, Aurora and AEGIS for orbital combat
    - Actually build more than just basic radar sat

I am also playing with other things trying to teach AI to use other units.

EDIT: THERE WAS A SMALL TYPO (A comma) IN THE OLD AI.ZIP. If anyone downloaded it, they should redownload it and reapply the fix.

Attached Files:

• ai.zip
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: September 21, 2014
    ace63 likes this.
  16. Scientiarum

Scientiarum New Member

The ai 'hotfix' you posted is not working the commander just stands there doing nothing.
  17. stuart98

The AI won't do anything if it doesn't have a certain amount of metal. This amount of metal needed is increased based on difficulty. Absurd rarely bugs out, normal bugs out very frequently.
  18. liquius

I should also mention that you want to set the AI to absurd.
  19. Scientiarum

Scientiarum New Member

Ah, okay that works. Honestly pretty impressive.
  20. stuart98

Is there a particular reason for no muzzle flashes on the Cougar?

BTW just FYI "Gattling" is spelled "Gatling".

EDIT: Removing the muzzle flash reduced the lag?

Sigh...

Perhaps a slower firing dummy weapon could be introduced? No muzzle flashes just looks wrong. :(
    Last edited: September 30, 2014