[WIP][Server] Orbital Warfare Overhaul

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by emraldis, August 13, 2014.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Just a question, for this, did you mean the arkyd and advanced orbital radar? or the ground-based ones?
  2. emraldis

I just realized you meant the metal planet laser and not the SXX lol. I'm totally out of it apparently. Yeah, it's not really possible to change that AFAIK, but it's more of a method to slow down the building of catalysts if you don't have the eco. Once you've got them, you've got them, and you can shoot them, but as you're finishing each catalyst, the next one becomes harder to build.
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

@emraldis

.... ..... .... errrr you DO know that catalysts can be turned off right ?
    and as such cost no energy whatsoever ... right? .... ....

because i was able to shut them down and save power that way ...

... soooo basicaly at the moment you merely added an arbitrary number that affects just people who don't pay attention ... ...
  4. emraldis

Ech, right. That stupid thing. Well, I'll have to go and check things again. *sigh*
  5. emraldis

Bugfix update released! Should fix the catalysts, orbital fabricators, and a tiny issue with the advanced radar sat. if there are any more issues, post 'em here!
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  6. Azarath

Azarath Member

I can confirm that the orbital fabricators will now assist the orbital factory again! Thank you so much :D

And I'm sorry Emraldis, I didn't notice your question to me regarding the radar until now. But to answer your question, the Arkyd has the effect but the ground based ones and the advanced orbital radar does not.

Also, the Orbital Launcher still builds its units 90° rotated. It doesn't bother me but I point it out anyway.

The last thing I've noticed is sometimes a unit being build by the Orbital Factory will be pushed out from the centre of the factory and sometimes even fall down to the surface of the planet. If they fall down and their construction is completed, they will fly up again.
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe I experienced this even with OWO disabled, so I think this is a vanilla thing.

Other than that, I'm happy! :D
    Thanks once again.
  7. emraldis

Yeah, as far as I can tell, both of those are uber bugs. :p glad I was able to fix most of it. :)
  8. elick320

elick320 New Member

I just noticed that jigs take energy, cool idea.
    but
    They take all the energy and don't modify their efficiency to cope with so, so when you build to many jigs at the start, you cant build anything else, essentially crippled until somebody comes to kill you.
    Maybe modifying it so that it depends on how much energy you put in affects the amount of metal you get out, and or being able to disable jigs (which you cant)
    thanks -Elick
  9. emraldis

You can always delete them, they won't chain explode anymore. Also, unfortunately neither of the options you suggested work right now, with how uber has implemented the economy for structures. The first option straight up isn't possible unfortunately, and the second option ends up allowing you to turn off the energy cost, but keep getting metal for free anyway.
  10. elick320

elick320 New Member

How can I reclaim them if I cant get energy? is their some self destruct button i am not aware of?
  11. emraldis

Just click the jig, then click delete.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  12. BeyondFubar

BeyondFubar New Member

Installed this awesome sounding mod with PAMM and I get a "Draw" when the map loads (also won't let me exit out leading to a lot of Alt-F4'ing). Version doesn't match up with steam currently is that the cause or am I missing something?
  13. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Hmm that's odd. Emraldis will probs have to check if the latest pa update broke something.

Also just to be sure did you allow the mod to fully load before starting the match.(where the spinning load wheels still present when you started?)
  14. BeyondFubar

BeyondFubar New Member

Let me try that now, I want to say yes but then I'm probably hitting the button as fast as I can. Will try now.
  15. BeyondFubar

BeyondFubar New Member

Yeah everything stops spinning. Its a fresh install of PA too. No other mods active, just UI/Server OWO.

It loads, I see the planet system, then when it normally lets you pick out a landing zone it instead gives me an end of game screen that claims a Draw. To be fair I tried Modx just now too and get the same thing, all other mods and Vanilla work great.
  16. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The bug you got is related to OWOM UI mod. Heard this from another Realm guy who had the same issue until he removed it.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  17. BeyondFubar

BeyondFubar New Member

PAMM lists the UI portion as a dependency, should I try manual install as a work around or am I off base? Sorry real new, just loaded it up for the first time since alpha and never used mods.
  18. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Thanks for letting me know about that. Makes it easier to work out what the issue is.
  19. BeyondFubar

BeyondFubar New Member

With only this installed I still get it, fresh PA, no other mods. Not sure which UI you're referring to, unless its the icons that I can't install seperately.

I'll hang out though, mod sounds like tons of fun.
  20. emraldis

That's rather odd. I wonder what in the UI mod could be causing that...
    mered4 likes this.