[WIP][Server] Orbital Warfare Overhaul

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by emraldis, August 13, 2014.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Although technically possible, it would mess with both mods' balance, and therefore be fairly challenging to get it to a good place.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

ModX's orbital units are basically the same roles as OWO's orbital units anyway.
  3. Azarath

Azarath Member

I have a problem with the orbital fabricators, they no longer assist orbital factories.
    They work without any mods enabled. I use only two server mods, Orbital Warfare Overhaul and Wreckage.
    I find it unlikely that the UI mods causes this but of course it's not impossible.
    I'll need some time to check each UI mod
    (I wish I would have done that before I made this reply, instead of reporting a problem that I might be able to locate and fix myself. I'm sorry)

As a result I never build Ion Cannons anymore. The resources are now better spent on something else. By the time an Ion Cannon is finished, the enemy has already a massive fleet or has a decent or better anti-orbital defense in place.

I don't know if this is a bug, intentional of the mod or if there's another cause.
    But I would appreciate if I could be given some assistance on this problem
  4. emraldis

I think that may be due to the latest updates with the fabricators assisting stuff. Haven't checked or updated recently, you know, exams and such. Maybe @mgmetal13 can look into it?
  5. Azarath

Azarath Member

As of 80462 the problem still remains. The orbital fabricators will not assist the orbital factory.
    They do work with OWO disabled.

Also, another thing which has been present for a long time but hasn't bothered me is that everything the orbital launcher builds is rotated 90°

I noticed that with OWO disabled, the radar and the advanced orbital radar have an visual effect to show it's operational. The effect is not present with OWO enabled, the orbital radar has it with OWO enabled though.
    Nicb1 and cwarner7264 like this.
  6. emraldis

Hey, thanks for keeping up the bug reporting, it's quite useful! Unfortunately I am in the middle of exams, and I haven't heard from @mgmetal13 recently, so it might be a week or two before I can get around to fixing these things. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned it yet! ;)
  7. Azarath

Azarath Member

No problem. Thanks to OWO, my dream of having an Ion Cannon in PA was brought into reality.
    The only thing that's missing is an Obelisk of Light...

I haven't been able to play much due to exams as well so no rush :)
    Last edited: April 16, 2015
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

ftfy

@emraldis

what´s the difference between umbrella and lancer turret?
    Last edited: April 23, 2015
  9. emraldis

Umbrella is rapid-fire low damage and cheap, lancer is high-damage low fire rate and somewhat expensive, as well as having a pretty massive range.
  10. MrTBSC

alright then

have you guys tried a crossplanetary artillery?

additional suggestions:
    orbital and naval teleporter (though iirc you tried orbital tele before?)
  11. emraldis

We haven't tried crossplanetary artillery, though that's in the vanilla game already anyway (UC with boom bots). As for the teleporter, we would like to do it, but it doesn't seem to work yet. As soon as UBER implements a way for a specific teleporter to be able to link to only other teleporters of its kind, then it should be possible.
  12. MrTBSC

UC + boombot is too much micro and useless against antiorbital protected areas ....
    too bad with the teleporters :( ...
  13. emraldis

though thinking about it, an interplanetary missile may be interesting. We'll see how it goes.
  14. MrTBSC

yea having something to pressure the enemy from afar that doesn´t always need manual input would be cool imo
  15. emraldis

Problem is that it would require manual input I'm pretty sure.
  16. drakimston

drakimston New Member

So, is this mod broken? Or am I just missing something, cause when I install the mod, I don't have access to any of the units mentioned/shown...
  17. emraldis

That bit shouldn't be broken. Are you running any other server mods at the same time? Because that would break it...
  18. MrTBSC

tested the annihilazor .... powermaintainance had absolutely no effect on weither i was able to fire it or not ...
    even with negative power i was able to fire it as well as the catalysts being off

what would be prefererable is that the minimum manual imput is on the planet you want to bombard ... also that launcher should be able to attack crossplanetary structures depending on intel ... meaning if you haven´t scouted an enemy planet it shouldn´t fire automaticaly ....
    and while i imagine this to be not easy to code it should be possible ...

can´t you kinda combine the code from nukelaunchers with those of the catapult for a start ?
    Last edited: April 28, 2015
  19. emraldis

The problem is that you can't auto-target between planets, and I'm pretty sure they would only fire at one unit untill it was dead. You'd have to target it like a nuke launcher every time you want to shoot something basically...

As for the laser, it shouldn't do that. I'll add it to the list of things I have to fix when I get time...
  20. emraldis

I'm going to try and fix/update this mod this week, does anyone have any other minor things they want fixed while I fix some of the other issues listed above?