[WIP][Server] Orbital Warfare Overhaul

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by emraldis, August 13, 2014.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

*AHEM*
    Also, only works in PTE now.
  2. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

3. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Last edited: January 27, 2015
    emraldis likes this.
  4. emraldis

Hey everyone! We're at over 3000 downloads now! That makes us... well, still number 1! But that's a good thing! and in a totally non-coincidental, and totally planned turn of events, we're releasing an update to celebrate! Still works only in the PTE, but we made the pheonix able to fight in the orbital layer as well as air! It's totally OP now! It doesn't have an attack command! It's late and I have class early tomorrow! I'll fix it later! And with that, I leave you to **** around with all the new stuff, animations and all!
    Nicb1 likes this.
  5. emraldis

Pheonix should be fixed now.
  6. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

Totally deserve to be number 1.
    I try to live with the community and maintain it's positive reinforcement. But I'm compelled to point out
    that many 'balance mods' change lots and I dont' actually want to change lots.
    Also, some mods which add a few things, also like to change other things and there's not a whole lot of transparancy over what gets changed and to what degree.

So on that front, orbital overhaul doesn't change a whole list of things besides what it sets out to do. It clearly tells me what it sets out to do, and it doesn't try to outdo itself. It's a nice mod which I respect and think people should get first and foremost:)
    mered4 likes this.
  7. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I have to inform about an extrange bug where this mod makes the game totally **** up, I can´t select colour, add ai or even set the game to start.
    Yes definitely i have just proven it, when i have this mod installed nothing works, when I don´t it breaks badly. I will post if this happens with other server mods or just this one
    Last edited: January 30, 2015
  8. Nicb1

This isn't a bug. When you open a lobby the mod will first upload to the uber servers (you should see a spinning wheel). Until the upload is done(in some cases it can be slow) you won't be able to do what you mentioned above. As soon as the load icon disappears you should be able to change colour/map etc. Hope this helps.
  9. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Ok thanks i will try but thishappens to me also in single player using the local server
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Just give it some time. The server also has to load the mod after it's downloaded.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

AWESOME PICTURE DUMP!

Forgive my screen resolution :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mgmetal13, Nicb1 and emraldis like this.
  12. Nicb1

Nice mered, you've got some damn good screenshots there. Thanks for sharing :)
  13. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well that's kinda because I didn't want to make Statera for everyone else, I made it for myself, because it's the balance I believed in. Other players happened to like it though.

Though I think OWOM deserves the #1 spot, as Statera hasn't even been updated in quite a bit, plus motivation was just gone to work on it tbh.

I have to thank @stuart98 for all his dedication though. :)

Edit: though @nicb1 , I, and a couple others are working on something VERY interesting. can't wait to finally reveal it with them... xD
    mgmetal13 and Nicb1 like this.
  14. emraldis

WARNING to players, wratih seems to be causing crashes right now, trying to fix but might be a little bit... SO don't build them for now...
  15. cybrankrogoth

Fortunately i dont' build wraiths... That might be a hint they need changing? or maybe my strategy is just lacking....
    I wouldn't normally bother making a comment about such things, but you probably deserve to know.
  16. Nicb1

Nah its all good. any criticism is appreciated (Well as long as its constructive). atm wraiths can be used as extremely fast scouts which have ground vision as well, (although that vision is very small). Not only can they shoot down tac missiles (so defence against catapaults/ bluehawks and stingrays) but they can also be used for probing enemy bases to check for umbrellas and other defenses. So it is my opinion that they serve more than enough roles to be useful, but then again that is my opinion and I am still open to listening to suggestions and will look at getting our coder to implement them should it need be.

Anyway let me know if you have any suggestions for a role change, but take a look at using the wraith in this manner first. You could also scout enemy planets for defences with the avenger, but the issue then is that you get now ground vision and it is significantly more expensive to send multiple orbital radars over to scout a planet for a good potential beachhead.
    emraldis likes this.
  17. cybrankrogoth

Interesting... I didn't know about the tac missiles thing. That'd help in lots and lots of situations..................................
  18. cybrankrogoth

I'm slightly delayed in my response, but it's worth mentioning that squishypon's mod wasn't specifically what i was referring to. Ironically I was referring to every mod that stops dox from shooting air that doesnt mention it stops dox from shooting air. But I didn't specify that information. Broadly speaking I was also thinking of some realmish community mod, and uberbalance mod...

Speaking of dox though, I've noticed dox can't shoot up anymore... and I'm suspicious it's the orbital warfare overhaul mod.......................................

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt though, since I also have 7 other server mods going.
    For anyone who doesn't know what to make of the realworld logical changes for skirmish, I endorse it!
    Now just want a Galactic war version.
    Whoops sorry wrong thread. I also heavily double endorse orbital warfare overhaul mod.

Over and out.
  19. Nicb1

I can guarantee that we have not touched dox at all. If our coder did, trust me I wouldn't let him hear the end of it.

Personally I just want to build upon what vanilla offers as much as possible without recreating the game.
  20. cybrankrogoth

Now there's sound thinking. And don't worry I'm just annoyed. I definitely have other mods I've been playing with. Just never got around to testing dox gameplay after deleting said mods. Which were cola colins size down by 0.5. Doesn't work with latest patch, and the naval redux which both conflicts with and is redundant with latest path. It's possible one of my other server mods have done it, but they don't say they've played with dox. So I'll be giving them a piece of my mind if it does turn out to be one of them.