Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, June 28, 2015.
Oh shiieet guys, can I still start helping with this mod? :3
Just thinking, will the commanders of imperial legion follow a similar class structure to that of vanilla? With tank, quad, raptor, and imperial type? Just curious, not from a lore perceptive, but a design one.
yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss! all of my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikess!!
THAT´S A BIG SHIP !!!
Just wanted to let you all know that this is looking great! Please keep it up!
any Imperial TITANS being designed?
Yes there definitely will be. It'll be a while before we show off anything though since I want to get the base faction done first and Titans being so high detail will also increase the time it'll take for me to get their models done.
The Grey Wizard advanced defense tower will be one of the strongest units in the game. These two videos will hopefully capture some of it's personality. It still needs to be balanced like everything else, so it will probably be a bit stronger.
The three turrets will act separately, and they each have different ranges. So essentially 360 degrees coverage.
Also, as a side note, the top electricity weapon will likely be changed to a periodic weapon rather than a continuous fire weapon.
Modelled by nicb1, textured by zx0, and i made the effects/"code"
Reminds me of a Dalek.
Great work... Love the clips...
For the titans you should consider changing the attacks around between the different classes. For example, the nuke titan should be on 3 or 4 legs with a big top heavy head. The giant turret titan should be on the tall 2 or 3 legged titan maybe make it a big laser. The lightning orb titan should be in orbital, and the smashing titan should be on wheels or hovering. If on wheels, then it should have more health. The air titan should have many small turrets like the lighting guns on the orbital titan.
Just a thought.
Oh don't worry I have plans for the titans. The only titan that will remain with the exact same function as the vanilla faction will be the ragnorok type one.
In the early releases of Imperial legion we may not have any custom titans (they'll just be copies of the vanilla ones) until I can get around to their models. The titan models will take a long time to get done due to my inexperience with higher detail stuff. So as a result the titans will likely be the last models I do for the faction due to their time requirements. (Unless I get really bored one day and manage something awesome looking).
Best of luck with it then. It seems like something I could have a lot of fun with. (Btw, the tank model on killer kiwi juices tag looks awesome! If you can colorize the rest of our units like that, they will look even better than the original ones. The dox and bolos could really use a visual update. The are just a bit too blocky.)
So I was thinking. Will you release at least a half assed version of the mod so people can try and give you feedback? I would gladly do so .
It doesn't need to be on Pamm. Just like the realm team did way back. What dl you think? (Please answer however you want. Be rude if you want so)
Well half assed wouldn't be the wording I would use.
I am not sure about releasing test builds and all that at this point in time, but I "may" release a test build when we've got the roles for each unit decided and atleast all the vanilla PA models done. But yeah it is something to look into as feedback balance wise will definitely be useful, it will be a while till we consider releasing a test build though.
Excellent job with the Grey Wizard.
1. Have you finalized how you'll handle the anti-nuke system for this faction?
2. Ragnarokski will act the same, but will it look the same?
3. Will the general roles of titans be similar to their vanilla counterparts?
4. Now that Titans brings in new units, will you make analogues for them in the Imperial Legion faction?
1. The anti-nuke system is not yet finalized but the rough plan is to have a beam based anti nuke (Still debating on ammo capacity and all that though), Also not sure if it will work like a weapon that auto-charges (think holkins) or like the standard nuke where you have to build one, we will be testing both to see what works better.
2. In the early build we will likely use the same model, but I do plan on giving everything a custom model at some point (The ragnorok will likely be amongst the last models I'll be doing).
3. So far titan stuff is still entirely up in the air (Other than one mobile fortress concept I've thrown together recently). It will likely be a while till we sort out exactly what titans the Legion will have and how they will function.
4. Not 100% sure if this is what you were asking, but yes we will be a heap of new units, as to how different they will be is yet to be decided. Really most stuff regarding the new Titans content is still being talked about.
Hope I answered all your questions well.
1. Well, I gave you my opinion on this earlier I believe, and I think I had a sound design. You're of course entitled to the final call, but I strongly suggest not making it energy based.
3. Do you accept suggestions on this?
4. What I am asking is that, Machine Liberation Army (I'm going to call the vanilla faction that until you decide on a name and declare it) received a lot of new units in Titans, which may have pushed you to expanding Imperial Legion's roster as well. There is also the addition of the hover layer to consider.
Remember guys how I said I'd be leaving Titans for last unless I got bored?..................
Well I got bored.
So here's a concept that I came up with for a mobile fortress. Let me know what you guys think of it. I am not sure if this model will be used, but wanted to share to get feedback from you guys anyway. (Currently it has 6 treads but I may try a hover variation as well).
Love it here's a thought though, maybe use the new capability introduced with the carrier to make this a mobile factory like the fatboy (I guess making drones), with only light guns and aa weapons aside?
Just thinking how to differentiate it from Atlas.
Its not the Atlas he's going for, its the Ares
Separate names with a comma.