[WIP][Server] Imperial Legion (Faction)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, June 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Direct comparison below:
    [​IMG]
    In this case the model was completely done without me referring to external sources, but I can to some extent see where you could draw comparisons. My original design according to the team looked like the aeon strat bomber from supcom. Not that my models looking similar to other material from these games is a bad thing.

EDIT:
    Design may have been the result of me playing Supcom and TA too much in the past :)
    stuart98, doud, Ksgrip and 1 other person like this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

... B .... F .... G !!! ....
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  3. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Direct comparison below:
    [​IMG]
    In this case the model was completely done without me referring to external sources, but I can to some extent see where you could draw comparisons. My original design according to the team looked like the aeon strat bomber from supcom. Not that my models looking similar to other material from these games is a bad thing.

EDIT:
    Design may have been the result of me playing Supcom and TA too much in the past :)[/QUOTE]
    I'm getting excited for how professional those models look. Guys you are doing a really good work. I think this will be vital alongside modx for the game to continue it's life cycle.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

How on earth did you butcher that quote so horribly? o_O

Y U NO MENTION GALACTIC ANNIHILATION
  5. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

No idea, my main way of posing on this forums is wth a movile phone. Which is responsible of most of my horrible typos and this forums bugs the hell out when writting things with the phone. So yeah I butchered it because of it xd.

Edit: I didn't mention Galactic Annihilation because I haven't really seen anything that trully expose the mod. On the other hand, Modx is already revolutionary and the update looks even more. And IL hasn't been done before so yeah. You know I'm looking forward to your mod, I'm just waiting for it to deliver :).
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

WTF man fix your phone!

Galactic Annihilation is really about making decisions about the gameplay to do more than just "add variety". It attempts to fundamentally alter the way PA is played, from a game of quick execution to a still fast paced game where there's more room and more time for strategy. It's slower than vanila but still plenty fast to keep you from getting bored. It attempts to change the gameplay into a more open ended one. We've brought back reclaim, tried to make repair useful, and added new niches to the roster to give you more options. My biggest gripe with both ModX and IL is that they really ultimately don't change much. ModX is still a game of paper units based on production and expansion, IL's going to be a faction that does the same thing as vanilla, but different. It's really nothing new in the gameplay department, and that's what Galactic Annihilation is about.

But enough hijacking of NicB's thread, let's take this to PMs or to the link in my sig before someone gets mad. :)
  7. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Lol i laughed so hard. That is exactly what this thing does without me noticing.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Awesome !!!! Guys you make me feel si good with Nice stuff. Modx, impérial legion, pewpew mod are just taking PA to à next dimention :)
    stuart98, Ksgrip, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Hey all. I'd like to show off some classified new commits to the mod.

Here's the air factory animations that I made:

And here's the nuke effect. I learned a whole lot from making this thing, I used lots of different shaders and emitterLink index stuff... but I'm not here to talk about that.

It's possible that i'll make some minor tweaks to the effect. But for now, I think it's flashy enough.

More will be shown later :)
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

One thought (appologies if your already aware), air factory needs nano spray...
  11. Nicb1

Yeah that hasn't been implemented yet. We were discussing potentially implementing custom fx.
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  12. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Oh my god, you're making awesome being super crazy awesome !!!! Please don't give up, you're really belonging to PA 2.0 history !!!!
    stuart98, Ksgrip, cdrkf and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nicb1

So who likes this idea?

:)

EDIT:
    Posting this because why not.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: July 21, 2015
  14. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Why were the explosions in TA that much more awesome than in PA? :(
    Remy561, stuart98 and cola_colin like this.
  15. Nicb1

Well I love TA and PA, and I say that you can't really say that one has better explosions than the other as they are both based on a completely different art style.

But yes I remember the awesomeness that was TA. Played it back on my pentium 4 laptop because it couldn't play supreme commander.
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

If you're not changing vanilla gameplay, than this is one hell of a mod to look forward to. This is my favourite kind of mod in fact!

Edit: I have two questions:

1. Will you give the original faction a name?
    2. Will factions be able to somehow exchange units or capture eachother's stuff?
    MrTBSC likes this.
  17. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

While I always thought the doomsday was really cool looking I still prefer the big gun from the annihilator. Dem memories.
    ace63 likes this.
  18. Nicb1

Glad you're looking forward to the mod :)
    Yeah don't worry we are not changing anything with the vanilla faction. If we ever decide to it will be in an offshoot of this mod or an addon.

Honestly at the moment I have no idea of what name to give the original faction. If you guys have any ideas please share.

There will not be any new mechanics to capture units and all that though. The only way to share units would be through a multiplayer shared army game. Even then kiwi was trying to work out if it was possible to make it so you can only have one faction per team. This may or may not happen as it is still a point of discussion (and we still don't know if this is possible).
  19. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Why not just call it the Uber faction?
  20. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Some ideas then:

The Descendants (remnants of those who fought in the ancient Pro-Com war)
    Machine Liberation Army (the in lore name for all the traitor Commanders which are the only ones left I guess)
    Or any of those GW faction names I suppose.

Edit: Or the remnants
    Nicb1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.