[WIP] PTexEdit

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by marcus535, June 11, 2020.

1. marcus535

marcus535 New Member

THE FORUM POST FOR PTEXEDIT HAS BEEN REMADE IN THE PLANETARY ANNIHILATION: TITANS SECTION. THIS POST IS NO LONGER USED

Papa Texture Editor is pretty old at this point. It's a great tool but it has some problems and in my opinion it's just not cutting it anymore.

I have created a new texture editing application for papa files based off of DeathByDenim's Papa Texture Editor and Nem's VTFEdit to replace it. Version 0.2.3 is currently available on GitHub and to my knowledge supports all image formats PA actually uses. PTexEdit is capable of both reading and writing papa files and does not rely on any preexisting papa file to overwrite. Referenced / embedded textures can be created by dragging and dropping nodes in the tree. Writing referenced / embedded textures is supported, but has no real use at the moment.

The actual image data is not altered when reading and writing a file. This means that it is safe to open a texture, change the name or SRGB status, and then save without worry of decreasing the texture quality.

File -> Open / Save is for papa files.
    File -> Import / Export is for image files.
    Drag and drop is also supported for most file based operations (including in Batch Convert).
    The file menus do not support folder reading, but drag and drop does. For this reason drag and drop is recommended.

DXT encoding is supported through the use of JSquish which produces fairly good results. However, papatran is faster and produces marginally better results. If you need the absolute best quality then it's recommended to compile with papatran.

dog.png

(I can't post links so you have to remove the space between 'git' and 'hub' to access)
    Application download: https://git hub.com/Luther-1/PTexEdit/releases/tag/v0.2.3
    JSquish (the copy used): https://git hub.com/memo33/jsquish

Change log
    Version 0.1: Initial release.
    Version 0.1.1: Minor bug fixes and menu improvements.
    Version 0.2: Bug fixes related to linked textures and convert folder. Additional UI functionality.
    Version 0.2.1: Fixes for features introduced in 0.2
    Version 0.2.2: Copy now copies the image exactly as seen in the editor. Added icon.
    Version 0.2.3: Small program feel improvements and bug fixes.
    Last edited: August 2, 2020
    Anonemous2 likes this.