[WIP] PA Community Hub

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Raevn, August 25, 2014.

1. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Should be 'rPAMM' folder with 'com.pa.raevn.rpamm' identifier on windows, and 'PAMM' folder with 'com.pa.deathbydenim.dpamm' identifier on other platforms.
    Never took time to unify this, sorry.
    Raevn likes this.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I've now used "required" :p I have also changed it to be an object, with the <content_id> : <semver version test> format.

The Default content handling behaviour of the content hub is simply to read straight off "required"
    Mod content works as follows, since the "dependencies" parameter is only applicable to them:
    • If "dependencies" exists, but "required" doesn't (eg., an existing mod), then the "required" parameter is built from the existing entries in "dependencies", with the version test of "*"
    • If both "dependencies" and "required" exists, the "dependencies" list is re-created from the entries in "required"
    Fixed. PA Hub will now remove both rPAMM or PAMM folders within the mods folder. I also changed the output mod from PA Hub to "com.pa.pahub.mods.client", rather than use com.pa.raevn.rpamm.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Aaaaand I'm back. Had to go away for a week, and didn't have access to a computer or the internet. But expect to see more updates soon!
    squishypon3, Fr33Lancer and optimi like this.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Excuses excuses... :rolleyes: (;))
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Will the mod list be sorted by client/server soon? Will authorship and download counts be displayed?

Is there anyone here who actually liked likes?
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You already can - sort by Content Type.

Yes, that's just not it yet due to WIP.

Likes won't be base content functionality, but I'll probably add it to the mods content store so it appears for mods.
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 23/10/2014
    Probably the biggest thing in this update is that the plugin store now has an online content URL, so from now on plugins should be able to be updated via PAHub, rather than downloading from Github. This may not yet hold true for Core plugins (eg., content hub and plugin store), at least for an update or two. But I'll be adding the other plugins as I update them - they aren't currently visible.

Updated:
    Changes:
    • Change: Downloads bypass browser cache to ensure the latest version is always downloaded
    • Change: Content ID updated for plugin store
    • Change: Added Spotlight Tab to content hub (WIP)
    • Change: Re-ordered tabs in content hub
    • Change: Click to select content in content hub, rather than hover
    • Change: Display of category filters now clips name
    • Change: Dependencies system changed to use semver
    • Change: "dependencies" content parameter changed to "required"
    • Change: Added content Author and Version number to content tile
    • API: Added pahub.api.content.removeContentStore
    • API: Removed 'content' parameter from pahub.api.content.contentDependenciesExist
    • Fix: Passing null as the current content to show information on in the content hub now correctly clears the detailed display
    • Fix: Calling removeFilterOption no longer fails.
    • Fix: Removing all filters no longer causes an "indexOf is not defined" error.
    • Fix: Removing content (eg., when the store has been removed) no longer disables the content
    • Fix: Removing a content store plugin now removes the content store itself from the content hub
    • Fix: Mod store now removes both category filters and all content items when disabled
    • Fix: Conflict prevention with PAMM
    Schulti and Fr33Lancer like this.
  8. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Grouping according to the current sort method -

Last Updated:
    upload_2014-10-24_7-37-37.png

Author:
    upload_2014-10-24_7-37-57.png

Name:
    upload_2014-10-24_7-38-17.png

All that is needed is to supply a function when defining the sort method, which takes a content item and returns a group name/string for that item.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

For some reason PAHub screws up my enabled mods list whenever I run it. Mods that I don't want enabled become enabled and mods that I want enabled become disabled, seemingly randomly.
  11. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Try that :
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I assume this occurs when when you switch between running PAHub & PAMM? There's a few differences in how they work:
    • PAHub uses the "enabled" parameter in the modinfo file, in addition to the mods.json list; I believe PAMM only uses the later. The reason for this is that the enabled paramater is common to all PAHub content, not just mods. So when going from PAMM -> PA Hub, everything probably appears enabled.
    • When PAHub installs mods, it uses the identifier as the folder name. This is different behaviour to PAMM, which simply unzips the mod folder and uses whatever folder name was used by the mod author. This can currently result in duplicate installs of a mod (one using the original folder name, and one with the identifier folder name). PAHub ignores duplicate content; PAMM uses the last found content, which means they both "see" a different folder (this confused me for a while, see below). Some work will need to be done here to PAHub for better compatibility.

Here's the same mod, listed as two different versions in PAHub (left) and PAMM (right), because they are looking at different folders:
      upload_2014-10-26_8-16-16.png upload_2014-10-26_8-16-28.png
    I also found a bug that would have affected mod loading in PA itself (but wouldn't have affected which mods appear enabled/disabled in either PAMM or PA Hub).

PA Hub now removes that folder on startup if it finds it, along with rPAMM and PAMM folders. Note that PAHub uses com.pa.pahub.mods.client as its "mod-enabling mod".
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Looking to get another update out soon, I'm trying to make this one the last time a manual update is needed. I have plugin updating working (including core plugins, which need a restart of PA Hub to apply), and self-updating of PA Hub shouldn't take too long. A bunch of other updates have been made too, such as content grouping, settings management and using CommonMark for news items, so they can include formatting.
    Schulti and proeleert like this.
  14. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Hey, i want to try this out. I´ve done all you said in OP, but i have noch "atom.exe" to run .... sorry for me being so dumb :(
    Last edited: October 30, 2014
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Make sure you didn't get the -symbols package for Atom Shell; you want one of the green links on the right: https://github.com/atom/atom-shell/releases/tag/v0.16.1
  16. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Yes, i have the right package...
    I have all these files (see attachment). thx for your help!

Attached Files:

17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Just confirming you are running Mac OSX as your operating system (the -darwin version of Atom Shell is for Mac, but that pic looks like it could be windows)?
  18. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

It is windows... mmmhh ok.
    So theres only a 32bit windows version. Thought "darWIN-x64" is the windows ;)
    Raevn likes this.
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ahh, yeah makes sense :)
  20. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Its working like a charm. Thx for helping ;)
    Raevn likes this.