[WIP] Less Macro Gameplay Mod (to be edited, getting feedback)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by thetrophysystem, February 23, 2015.

?

Which things should be done in this mod?

1. Name it "SimplyLess"

28.6%
  2. Name it "SluggishAnnihilation"

42.9%
  3. Increase healths by 3x

100.0%
  4. decrease buildspeed (and eco income) per second by 20%

42.9%
  5. Increase damages by 50%

57.1%
  6. Decrease speed by 1/6 (20to17, 14to12, 12to10, 10to9, 8to7)

57.1%
  7. Scale bots (infantry) as zerg like current, via keeping cost and health low and then adding rapidfir

57.1%
  8. Scale t2 eco to 2.5x t1 eco, and t2 unit cost to 2x t1 unit cost, and t2 unit specialization

100.0%
  9. make grenadiers amphibious

28.6%
  10. make fighters have 70 damage and 150 health, so less armor vs ground AA, nothing vs air changes

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This mod will make unit count, unit speed, and build speed, all slower like classic rts, back when you just had to build 3 tanks and everything took 20 seconds to build and a minute to travel. Want to keep the vanilla game as vanilla as possible. Some things may get changed more depending on the situation.

I am getting feedback before I make it. Vote on if (or which of) I should do the following things when making this mod:

-Name it "SimplyLess"
    -Name it "SluggishAnnihilation"
    -Increase healths by 3x
    -decrease buildspeed (and eco income) per second by 20%
    -Increase damages by 50%
    -Decrease speed by 1/6 (20to17, 14to12, 12to10, 10to9, 8to7)
    -Scale bots (infantry) as zerg like current, via keeping cost and health low and then adding rapidfire and/or splash to specific counter units.
    -Scale t2 eco to 2.5x t1 eco, and t2 unit cost to 2x t1 unit cost, and t2 unit power to t1 units with one of their abilities turned way up like range or damage-rate or health.
    -make grenadiers amphibious
    -make fighters have 70 damage and 150 health, same shots per kill against air, ground AA can actually kill fighters though.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

So far, nobody wants grenadiers amphibious this mod. Also, most people suprisingly want t2 scaled down to 2.5 t1.

Besides that, mostly it's just 3x health, 5/6 speed, and adjusting damages and build speed.

Tbh, don't remember why I made that buildspeed thing an option, because it was an unconditional necessity of this mod to remove unit-numbers and making 5-15 unit groups replace the 40-100 unit blobs.