[WIP] Judegment day (server mod)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by zweistein000, February 28, 2015.

1. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

[​IMG]
    Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, cause we're nuking everyone out here.

Welcome to Judgment day [Beta release]. This is a mod the revolves around one and only thing: NUKES. Lots and lots of nukes in all forms and manners. T1 nukes, T2 nuke, monster nukes? You name it we've got it, even the freaking commander fires nukes.

What to expect from this mod:
    - Nukes. Everywhere.
    - More nukes.
    - Simple to get into, hard to master economy.
    - Massive amounts of t1 units, unearthly dread of T2 units.
    - Nukes
    - Somewhat balanced game (balance will improve as we get closer to final release).
    - A lot of burning forests
    - A lot of WTF moments
    - This mod may destroy friendships and end relationships
    - Even more nukes.

Fore more specific info here's the spreadsheet.

NOTE THIS MOD IS IN ALPHA. IT WILL HAVE ISSUES AND UNCOMPLETED FEATURES: WE HAVE DONE OUR BEST TO REMOVE ALL THE CRASHES BUT THEY MAY STILL OCCUR: PLEASE REPORT THEM HERE IF THEY DO.

Where to get the mod? On PAMM.
    Daily builds: Github

List of problems to expect:
    Red - cannot be fixed
    Orange - pending fix
    Green - minor issue, will be fixed eventually
    - Everything the has a nuke and is not stationary or a suicide unit generates -1 to -5 metal per second. We had to set this up as negative generation rather then consumption because consumption can be turned off with no loss of functionality for the unit. THIS MEANS THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO GENERATE ZERO OR EVEN NEGATIVE METAL. DO NOT BE ALARMED. JUST DELETE SOME OF YOUR NUKE UNITS.
    - Nukes have no descriptions. Nuke descriptions are hard coded. Nothing we can do there, sorry.
    - Nuclear submarines auto-fire nukes. The targeting system is coded so that you can only manually target the layer your selected unit can move on unless the selected unit is stationary. This means that we either have subs that can only nuke the naval layer or we have subs that auto fire nukes.

- Killing a units that has nuclear death explosion while it's still being produced in the factory sometimes creates chain explosions as the factory immediately begins building another unit which then explodes as well. Nos sure of that's our fault or Ubers, but will attempt to fix.
    - Nuclear fighter missiles and nuclear missile defence tower missiles aren't getting shot down by flak.
    - Descriptions are a WIP.

Release history:

Initial alpha release

Alpha release 2

Initial Strategic icons release

Beta release

Hotfix
    Last edited: March 20, 2015
    xankar, Sleeser, trialq and 2 others like this.
  2. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Nice. Nukes = expolsions and explosions are pretty cool.

IIRC, ammo descrtiptions are in live_game.js
  3. zweistein000

Yes I know, but that may cause instability every time a new version of PA comes out. I'd rather have just icons and not mess with the live_game.
  4. zweistein000

? What ? Radar is in the game (or at least is was yesterday and there were no radar changes after that). T1 and orbial. There's no T2 because we wanted to limit ourselves to the fewest number of units and structures possible.
  5. overjoyedtrooper

overjoyedtrooper New Member

Needs more terminators
    zweistein000 likes this.
  6. hungryheffly

hungryheffly New Member

Is that a flat planet..?
  7. zweistein000

The gif is from supreme commander.
  8. hungryheffly

hungryheffly New Member

i figured that out like 1 hour ago XD
  9. zweistein000

So a quick update on what going on behind the scenes:
    - Fighter replaced by gunship
    - T1 Nuke bomber replaced by Nuke fighter
    - Ongoing balance changes
    - also my thesis: Work will slow down a bit from my part but Bananaman should still continue working
    - I will attempt to push new update this Friday.
  10. zweistein000

Update coming soon (as in about 30 minutes to an hour tops). Changes:

1. The economy has been reworked:
    1.1. Everything generates 10 times more and consumes 10 times more as well as costs 10 times more.
    1.2. Commander now lathes at 50 metal, 50 energy.
    1.3. Factories lathe at 10 metal, 30 energy.
    1.4. Fabricators now don't auto-repair any more and they lathe at 10 metal, 50 energy.
    1.5. The annihilator is now also a combat fabricator that lathes with 10 energy, 10 metal and can assist everything, but it has still kept it's explosive detonation and suicide attack.
    1.6. T1 non-suicide nuke units now consume the same amount of energy in relation to before (so 100 to recharge rather then 10 they use to under the old economy), but their metal consumption has been kept exactly the same meaning that you can now support 10 T1 non-suicide nuke units per T1 mex and 2 T2 units.
    1.7. T2 mex generates 20 metal now.
    2. Description of the mod should now fit PAMM.
    3. Gunship implemented, Fighter removed as basic unit. Gunship fires a salvo of 4 missiles at ground targets and is capable of taking out tanks with one salvo. As a secondary weapon it has a short range laser cannon that does little damage but can attack any air, ground or water units. It is also equipped with a sonar, that can detect submarines.
    4. Fighter implemented as a fighter-bomber with nuclear payload, T1 nuclear bomber removed. Their missiles are targeted by flak. They consume 1 metal and 100 energy.
    5. Nuclear missile defence buffed. It now initially fires two nuclear missiles.
    6. T2 Bomber cost reduced to 300, their HP reduced to 500.
    7. Frigate AA buffed: range to 150 form 100 and damage to 50 form 25.
    8. Flak range buffed to 150 form 100.
    9. Stinger now buildable by AI. AI will cheat and build air and land scouts. Sorry, but otherwise its just sits in it's base and never does anything.
    10. Nuke launcher death nuclear explosion is now tactical instead of strategic.
    11. Nuclear submarines now have a radar and sonar of 75 range.
    12. Frigates shouldn't get stuck any more.
    13. Holkings energy consumption increased.
    14. Ion defence now works and intended.
    15. It now takes 10 seconds to build an anti-nuke form 1.

EDIT: Update released.
    Last edited: March 8, 2015
  11. ffgadam

ffgadam New Member

What difference does the 2 nukes from the nuke launcher have? I also seen something about mega nukes, how do you get those?
  12. zweistein000

T1 missile launcher builds a tactical cruise missile or a tactical nuclear missile. The cruise missile get shot worn by flak, while the nuke gets shot down by anti-nukes. Tactical nuke has a smaller explosion than a strategic one.

T2 missile launcher builds a strategic nuke and the "mega nuke" (Supremely Advanced Totally Overpowered Nuclear missile - SATON missile). Strategic nuke is quite quick to build but the mega nuke is ridiculous - it one shots commanders. Both are countered by a singe anti-nuke.
  13. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

yay a nice screw around mod:D, perhaps you could make the level 2 mega nukes make craters in the ground to add to the effect. Absolutely ridiculous blowing stuff fun. Now all there needs is a mod to allow planets to burn and be broken in half.:cool:
  14. zweistein000

I wanted to, but crater API has been disabled :(
  15. Deletive

Deletive Member

This mod is a nuclear mess. (In a good way) I'm having so much fun with these things. :D
  16. zweistein000

Next up: strategic icons, hopefully today, maybe tomorrow.

Also I realise the assisting has been broken in the latest patch, but we have just begun working on orbital and it's still a mess and nowhere near the point I'd like to release it (we just added it in), so until that gets to a point where it at least borderline works I'm not releasing a fix for that. Hang on guys.
  17. zweistein000

Right: Next release is here. Due to the fact that cheat mods are disabled and not all the workarounds work for all the mods I cannot 100% test this, but rather then hold the release back for who know how long I'm releasing it anyway. So without further ado: BETA IS HERE

So what are the changes:
    1. Most notable ORBITAL. Yes SXX is now a T2 orbital unit and the horrible S-Move workaround has been removed. Note that the game is still bet played on a singe planet. In a test game against bananman I managed to set build 50 strategic nukes in about 45 minutes and obliterate his planet. You have been warned.
    2. Unit cannon added. Cannot fire nuclear units because that causes a crash, but it can fire All of the T1 ground combat units and T2 fabbers. Unit cannon pods can be stopped by umbrellas while in orbital layer and by flak while in air layer.
    3. Holkings has a tactical nuke death explosion.
    4. New strategic icon for non-nuclear cruise missiles.
    4.1. Since the description for missiles doesn't work I'm using strategic icons as their build icons to better distinguish them.
    4.2. Colour coded UI icons.
    Green = mostly harmless
    Yellow = slightly dangerous
    Orange = moderately dangerous, carries nuclear payload.
    Red = Extremely dangerous, carries a huge nuclear payload.
    5. SXX-NUK3 has a "new" death explosion
    6. Some of the descriptions have been updated.

Now how orbital works here is a little bit differently so let me try to explain it:
    Orbital is T1.5 and at that tech level you only get access to support units. These are the orbital fabber, the Arkyd (stealthy) spy satellite and the Astraeus transport. An astraeus can carry any unit. Orbital can be detected (blips) by radar and by umbrellas as well as T2 bots, but only the orbital radar can actually see (vision) orbital units above it. T2 bots, tactical missile launchers and ion cannon can shoot at the orbital layer.
    The orbital fabber has access to orbital structures. These are the solar array which is a slightly costlier T1 power plant. The anchor, which is a powerful short range defensive structure (nuclear of course) and the omniscience station, which is a stationary T2 radar (powerful enough to detect even submarines directly beneath it) that includes celestial radar. The other thing it can build is the orbital factory.
    The orbital factory can build all the T1 unit as well as the Avenger and the SXX-NUK3. The SXX functions identically as before when it was build by ground fabbers. The Avenger is a nuclear suicide unit that flies toward its target and at short range activates it's booser at which point it cannot be controlled or shot down anymore.
    T2 nuke launchers can target other planets, T1 cannot. Submarines cannot target other planets.
    There are no catalysts or Halley. Only a massive overdose of nukes will suffice.

Invading another planet:
    DISCLAIMER: IF YOU HAVEN'T NUCKED THEM INTO OBLIVION YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
    If you really want to do a ground invasion note that we are doing this the proper way, as in the non-bullshit-orbital-teleporter-fabrication way. This means you will need to establish a beachhead and then build a teleporter. this is where the unit cannon and astraeus come into play. Astraeus are dirt cheap. They will easily transport the initial complement of T1 and T2 units to the target planet. Remember there's safety in numbers and remember to send support Avengers and decoys first to clear the orbital layer, then attempt to land. Another way you could do it is massive amounts of unit cannons. Or both combined. And if all else fails: throw nukes at it. Most people don't build enough anti-nukes to repel more than 6-9 nukes. Let alone 20 and it would probably take you around 20-30 minutes to build.
  18. zweistein000

A quick hotfix:

Anchors now actually drain as much as they should: 10 metal and 1000 energy. Their orbital weapon banks now recharge at 100 and their weapons cost 200 to shoot, unlike before when it was vice versa.

Orbital spy satellite HP now 100 form 1000.

And its an omniscience satellite, not statelite.

Also omniscience satellite shouldn't be pushable now.
    Last edited: March 21, 2015
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The date on this mod isn't compliant with the ISO format that PAMM uses, which means it's always at the top of last updated.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

@Miralog this is how you attain the laziness that you desire with updating your modinfo.json and still be at the top.
  21. bananamanb

bananamanb New Member

IT'S ALIVE! I've just posted this mod onto the new community mods system within PA Titans with a whole load of new units and features. If anyone has any questions you can PM me or respond to this thread. I'll check it periodically. thanks a million.