[WIP] GJE- Graphical JSON Editor (with download!)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by stevenrs11, January 23, 2015.

1. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

GJE (pronounced Gee) is something I have been tinkering with for a while. Right now, it supports basic opening, editing, saving and not much else. That said, the UI is getting there and it already is relatively intuitive.

I plan on adding quite a bit more once the bones are fully fleshed out, and tested a bit. It will browse any JSON file, not just PA ones as well.

The big features I have in mind are the following, in order of (IMO) importance.

1. Support for internal linking/reference of JSON files.
    2. auto-mod creation from edits
    3. JSON Schema validation and integration
    4. A search utility for specific JSON objects/types/tags etc.
    5. PAMM integration
    6. A powerful, customizable plugin based macro system

#1 is almost done, and is pretty simple. It will automatically replace paths within the JSON files with a link that allows you to easily see what is being referenced, or create links yourself to minimize code duplication.

#2 is simple- point it at your pa json dir, and edits applied to those files will be automatically saved and packaged as a mod with the prerequisite headers and such, ready to use or upload to pamm

#3 will do quite a few things. One, it will make sure that any modifications you make to a unit or planets JSON are valid, and will at least parse properly and hopefully not crash PA. More importantly, it will auto-populate text primitives like armor type, navigation layer, and others with the appropriate possibilities, so you don't have to memorize all of them. Instead, you just select one that already exists.

#4 is pretty obvious, letting you search for a specific string with a variety of parameters or filters.

I would greatly appreciate feedback about suggested features, usability, etc. This is my first attempt at really anything with a UI, so uh, yea. Don't expect it to look like the Sistine Chapel or anything.

To use it, point it at the top of a BACKUP from your PA json directory.

DOWNLOAD

Also, is this in the right place? Its not actually a mod, more of a utility.
    lokiCML, DeathByDenim, Raevn and 3 others like this.
  2. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

[Reserved]
    stuart98 likes this.