[WIP] Connect Buttons

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by wondible, October 11, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Release Thread

Quick and dirty way to connect to hand-started local servers, and private servers.

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 20.33.56 .png

There are three setting entires, I'll revaluate if that turns out to be too few.

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 22.08.58 .png

The mod will check if you are currently assigned to a game on PlayFab, and provide a reconnect option if so.

The mod attempts to track when you connect to a game, and provides a means to reconnect to the last game.

- https://github.com/JustinLove/connect_buttons
    Last edited: November 4, 2014
    Raevn and trialq like this.
  2. wondible

Local port changes to 20545 with PTE 73939
  3. wondible

Added reconnect to PlayFab assigned game, and to last game. Very lightly tested so far.
  4. wondible

Worked over reconnect-last, and did some testing with playfab and custom servers. Connection is kind of convoluted and there are lots of ways to do it, so there are probably still issues.

I've only gotten playfab to connect via lobbyid, perhaps tickets are single-use. Since custom servers provide lobby ids, I'm currently using port range 9000-9100 to decide how to connect.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

What? The lobby id the custom servers provide is not related to Ubernet. I just generate it via Math.random() for usage with PA Stats.
  6. wondible

Exactly. If I just ask "does it have a lobby id?" and try to connect with that, PlayFab won't like it.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Ask playfab for the game behind the ID and if playfab responds with a "WTFBBQ" try direct ip.
  8. wondible

More custom code, but I think I already had to copy that code to find out when a game was invalid.