[WIP] Community Custom Commanders

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, November 11, 2014.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Hello fellow members of the PA community and welcome to my/our new mod Community Custom Commanders.

I think that we can all agree on the fact that at this point in time PA's selection of free commanders is lacklustre. So I hereby present the Community Custom Commanders mod.
    The goal of this mod is to add a large selection of new free community made commanders. This mod will not change or rebalance anything, it will simply add a new selection of custom commanders made by me and anyone who wants to contribute more custom commanders to the mod.

This mod will be fairly open to the community as in that I encourage everyone interested to contribute their own commander models or concepts. (If the commander provided is inappropriate, does not fit an existing rig or does not fit the style of PA then it may not be added to the mod. If there is only a minor issue I will be entirely open to working with you to sort out the issue.)

At this point in time I do not know how to rig and import models into the game or how to add commanders,(I'm mainly a 3d modeller).
    So I am looking for people to help out with actually adding the commanders to the game. Please PM me or post below if you are willing to help me make this mod a reality.

Anyway here's a render of 2 custom commanders that I have created so far (Still WIP).
    [​IMG]

Current Devs:
    3d Modellers: @nicb1
    Coders: @stuart98
    Texture Artists: None
    Last edited: November 12, 2014
    stuart98, Maldor96, lokiCML and 3 others like this.
  2. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Depending on what code changes need to be done I can help support this project, don't put me down on anything yet...
  3. Nicb1

Oh cool, any support would be appreciated. Whether you just help out a bit or hang around for the long run I appreciate any help.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I'd be happy to work as coder for this.
  5. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

/support i can remake the UEF commander from subcom 2 and ues it in battle with dis
  6. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Give me a fbx and I'll see what I can do...

Also @nicb1 do you have a github repo I can tap into? Or do I make my own?

Edit: autocorrect strikes again!
  7. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

fbx....is that the model? :p
    Maldor96 likes this.
  8. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Yes, actually send me the original file, I don't know what or where it would be, but I'll see if it's possible

Edit: after looking into what coding needs to be done, put me down as a coder for this. lets make this a reality
    Last edited: November 13, 2014
  9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Can yall get my optimums prime as a commander please?
  10. Nicb1

Optimums Prime? :)
    I'm assuming that you want me to take a look at modelling it, or do you already have a model?
    If you want me to make it, I can't guarantee that it'll work out, but I can give it a shot anyway. May take a while due to my work on the orbital mod and one other commander, but I'll give it a shot asap.

Also on another note, we do not have a github repo yet. We still have to set up all that stuff. Will post the moment we get it running.
  11. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

I can set it up in the morning if you want me to.
  12. Nicb1

If you could that would be great :)
    Just make sure to give me (nicb1) and (stuart1998) adequate permissions as well.
  13. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Done here: https://github.com/Maldor/Community-Custom-Commanders
    Currently empty but I will add the commander related files in the morning, you and @stuart98 have access
  14. Nicb1

Continuing work on one of the commanders which I posted a render of earlier. thought I'd show you guys what it's looking like so far.
    (Unrendered in Maya 2015)
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    May change the laser to a missile launcher.
    Last edited: November 14, 2014