[WIP][Client] More Pew Pew - Requesting Opinions

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by dom314, June 12, 2015.

1. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

:)

Capture.JPG

I would need to change this manually everytime you update your mod on PAMM?
  2. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Yeap, it's the second one you want to set to 0. Word of warning, you will have to do this again soon when I release the mod. Or if I update it at a later date :p
  3. Planktum

Thanks. I haven't actually checked this out in-game (just your Youtube videos) so there is a chance I might actually like the rings once I see them in-game
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

also.... hehe...

you can paste the entire file into jsonlint.com to format the file, if people had to work with that super ugly block of text... well let's just say that'd be no fun.

EDIT: press ctrl+A to select everything, ctrl+C copies the selection, and ctrl+V pastes selection. Shortcuts are awesome.
    dom314 likes this.
  5. dom314

Indeed, everything that isn't inside the src/ dir in my mod is actually generated files. I don't need to touch any of those files so I just generate them as condensed files. I could probably add indentation to them.... just need to update my build file.
  6. dom314

So it seems that I am pretty much ready to release this mod. All that is left to do is perhaps clean up and make the generated files a bit easier to read (for the sake of other modders), and of course I need to make an icon! And maybe also a trailer vid. Unfortunately I am pretty terrible at making promotional videos so that's a bit unlikely.
    cdrkf and Planktum like this.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It's a cool mod, love the artillery effects!

Stacks well with PA-FX mod, with all it's flashing building stuff, and the Air Trails mod.

Also, recommend playing this mod with the darker nights, it really does lighten up the night sky when a battle takes place.

GG.
    dom314 likes this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@dom314 tried this mod and love it, a big improvement over the standard effects.

The only thing that stood out to me though after doing this is how 'basic' the commanders primary weapon effect is, for an update fancy working your magic on the commander weapon effects as well?
    dom314 likes this.
  9. dom314

Yeap, I nearly forgot it again. I spent most of the weekend away from the computer though so I had some time to think of some effects I could try.
    stuart98, cdrkf and Planktum like this.
  10. dom314

Update!
    - Ant
    - Make the trail a bit less washed out​
    - Commanders
    - Added effect for each type of commander primary weapons​

I think the pointlight looks a bit funky. I might rework that a little bit or remove it.
    igncom1, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  11. cdrkf

I like them :) one thought, maybe give the 3rd one shown in the video a different trail colour than the second as at a distance I don't think you'd notice a difference between 2 and 3, whereas the first with the blue tint is easily readable....
    dom314 likes this.
  12. Planktum

I don't really like the 3rd one at all. The first two are cool. And the circle light on the ground looks out of place too.
    dom314 likes this.
  13. cdrkf

I'm unsure about the point light, I think it might look really good in game as it lights up units and building... I think I'd like to see in game footage before deciding on it...
    dom314 likes this.
  14. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I think it needs more pointlights throughout the tail.
    dom314 and cdrkf like this.
  15. dom314

Yeap I can do that. I did something like that for the leveler effect. :) I avoided it because if I want it to look really nice I would have to have the light color change over time to match the gist of the trail. Not too much effort but effort nonetheless.
    Planktum likes this.
  16. dom314

Have you tried it in-game? Just so I could perhaps pick your brain for what you don't like about it :3. It was a bit tedious to come about with three distinct effects - at least on a creative level (my poor programmer's brain) - so a bit of a rework would be preferred I guess.

I am keen to hear what you have to say about it!
  17. dom314

Playing around a bit. Going to bed, but here is something of an idea. Let me know what you think :)
    stuart98, proeleert and cdrkf like this.
  18. cdrkf

That is superb :)
    dom314 likes this.
  19. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I like it, now only if we had more variation in the death explosions....
    ace63, dom314 and cdrkf like this.
  20. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

nice one for the commanders! also an overcharge idea?
    i do dislike the bolo ammo tough as it does;t sound like it's new ammo at all, as or the leveler it sound soud but that one i like!