[WIP] Better Comm-Boxing Mod

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by killerkiwijuice, December 14, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

This mod aims to create a much more enjoyable experience with the popular commander boxing mode.

Right now, comm boxing is boring and overlooked by people who play it a lot. I think it can be much better and deserves a dedicated mod. Features of this mod will include:
    • No T2 fabricators nor T2 factories. All T2 structures AND T2 units will be made by fabricators. T2 units are specifically made by combat fabricators.
    • Turret buff and specific roles; no more linear increase in effectiveness, instead they will have different roles and effectiveness depends on situation.
    • Economy efficiency increase; T1 power buffed to 800 power/second and T1 mex buffed to 11 metal/second.
    • New units; bringing back the old turrets and old units like that OP Gil-E from beta. Also including an entirely new turret model that is still a WIP.
    • Long range weapon overhaul; units like the pelter, catapult, and holkins will be balanced to fit tiny maps. This is potentially the most difficult part. There will be defenses that counter the projectiles of these weapons.
    This is a WIP and will be released when I feel it's balanced. V1.0 will not include the new turret model.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

Progress update 12/14/14

Mod is almost finished and will be released this week.
    • T1 Air factory can now build all T1 and T2 Air units, except fabricators. Like everything else, there is no T2 air factory.
    • SXX laser cost decrease to 10k metal. Orbital factories are rare and this intends to give high reward for managing to fit in an orbital factory.
    • Umbrella size decreased by 20%
    • Catapult added. All tactical missiles are countered by flak.
    • Pelter and holkins removed. Unsure of i should remove the sheller.
    • T2 bomber no longer shoots tactical missiles. Instead, it drops a single, high damage, high AOE bomb.
    • Gunship health increased.
    Post in this thread if you have some genious balance changes :) I'm not sure how I can balance pelters, shellers or holkins while having no counter to their ammo.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  3. xherlesx

xherlesx New Member

i really would like to try this mod, it look awesome.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Remove it from unitlist.json?

edit: double quoting is not the same as double posting, right?
    Edits 2,3 and 4: I DONE FIXED IT!!
    And when do I forum correctly?
    Last edited: December 17, 2014
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Maldor, you're doing it wrong.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  6. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Great mod, definitely gonna get the burning guys onto this one.
  7. killerkiwijuice

And btw, there is an official release thread