Will planetary annihilation be coming to consoles

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by connerj15, May 21, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

2. veta

veta Active Member

btw that was a good article jessep, too bad microsoft didn't keep trying to make it work. xbox becoming a PC wouldve been great, i already use xbox controllers for any emulation stuff.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Well, the new xbox one is basically just a PC with hardware DRM and spyware (Kinect).

I don't know what the xbox one will cost but Amazon seems to think maybe €600. I can't see That Ugly Thing™ ever ending up in my living room, especially not at that price. I payed the same for my new PC and I can do all the things the xbox one can do - minus the Kinect. But to be honest, I don't want to jump around in my living room when I play a game. I want precise, crisp controls for 99% of my games. The other 1% are covered by the Wii bowling game. ;)
  4. veta

veta Active Member

spoken like the proud owner of an xbox one in 2 years ;) . i doubt it would retail for $500+. they'll probably take the loss at $399 but I may be wrong. and what I meant was that PC games could play on the xbox and vice versa.
  5. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

I hope they focus all their attention on making the best PC game possible and not porting it to PS3/XBox.
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Don't worry; I'm pretty sure that Uber actually does want to make it the best game possible. Once they do that, then they can think about porting it to the console.
  7. Spinewire

Spinewire Member

Every second they spend thinking about console ports is a second they are not updating or adding new content to PA.
  8. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

http://www.redmondpie.com/xbox-one-vs-ps4-vs-xbox-360-specs-comparison/
    looks like the power of the new gen console is not in question (i'm sure 64bit would be in this time round)

2 hurdles I know are

1 "controls" and yes they do make a huge difference from fun to &#^& *E%@ ^&* and throwing the game out the window.

2 "What the company allow you to access" if you can't run the game on hard drive then wow is blueray read speed be fast enough?

source on page 2http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45768&start=10
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

He he, you don't know me very well. I think Eka and Scathis can confirm that my amount of stubbornness can equal grimbar's.
  10. zurginator

zurginator Member

People have covered processing power and controllers, I'm here to bring up some major things you're all missing:

Microsoft and Sony; and development costs.

M/S: ~$10 licensing fee per copy. Expensive patching restrictions. Draconian QA.
    Uber plans on supporting this game after launch. What happened the last time someone tried to do that? Oh yeah, Valve with TF2. How did that turn out again? Consoles still don't have Heavy.

Development costs: It's expensive, to say the least.
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Actually, it's more recent than that. Try our first game, and our last for the Xbox 360, Monday Night Combat.
    http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/3/ ... ght-combat
  12. zurginator

zurginator Member

And I do believe that's a thread cap.
  13. AusSkiller

AusSkiller Member

Nice article, very interesting, though I'm always amazed that Microsoft are able to get away with what they do, especially when their competitors like Valve are offering a MUCH better platform for developers and at a cheaper cost.

[Insert extremely long rant about how incompetent Microsoft are here]
  14. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

Quote of the day, easily :mrgreen: