Wikipedia like wiki?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by RaTcHeT302, January 23, 2011.

1. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Instead of wikia could we have something looking like this?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Main_Page

Wikia is easier to use but looks a bit ugly and everything looks like if it was compressed into a sardine's..well whatever, you got my point I guess.

It's too cluttered.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Jessep is going to ban you for saying that! He's not supposed to abuse his new mod powahs, but after you insult his Wiki like that your time on here is limited. XP
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Also, what the hell are you talking about?

my left foot!

Here's a comparison between the two; http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm26 ... F2wiki.jpg

MNC being cluttered, maybe. But it's certainly a bucket load more attractive than the TF2 one. I mean, Is flat and reminds me of what IE6 looks like on 16 bit colour.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I'm also administrator for a Mediwiki at work and believe me, the Wikia addons are really useful! It would take some time to set up a wiki that has half the features. Sure, Wikia has ads and the width of the page is limited. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, articles will look the same, no matter what screen resolution you have.

What our Wikia needs is more content, not a new design.
  5. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Maybe it's just that. Now, brb gotta put more protags images, too much empty space :(

EDIT : BulletMagnet : I asked that because it looks better organized.
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thanks!
  7. Terror

Terror New Member

i avoid wikia due to all the malware spread around.