[WIKI] Comments, Bug Reports, Ideas, To Do List...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, June 19, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thanks broncoburns!

Done but now the Box for Pitgirl is kinda off. Oh well, I'll fix that when I finally have an idea how the character boxes should look and what we need.

Thanks Mr Musikal, I uploaded the new version of Pitgirl!

We have two new features:
    - a Gallery (should be in the navigation bar too, Ctrl+F5...)
    - slideshows for screenshots (because I'm too lazy to click on links all the time.. ;) )

And thank you Eka for uploading another high-res picture, I love it!
  2. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Also put in bullseye as a sub-character.
  3. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Bullseye IS the Mascot though, we already have a page for him! We'll add his name in once we get the pages done, or if somebody has time. :p
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Now the wikia is more up-to-date than Uber's homepage! ;) I uploaded the ESRB Teen rating pic and put it on the homepage. I didn't know how to put it at the bottom of the page without putting a ridiculous amount of blank lines in the code so if someone (Col_Jessep?lol) knows how to do that please go ahead. I also didn't do anything with the license cuz I had no idea which was the appropriate one.
  5. Col_Jessep

I putt it in the game info box. I guess thats where it belongs. Thanks for the pic!
  6. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Just entered in some of the skills we know for each class. Feel free to look them over or add some.

Also, once the game comes out, it would be nice to put in a description for each skill. Possibly even for each upgrade? If you look closely at the video, the upgrade menu gives a description for what you get for each upgrade.
  7. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yeah but not in the info box though. I'd rather make a heading in the full article called "Skills" then write the Skill names then add the descriptions. We NEED to fill up that space.
  8. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

So have a separate article for Skills or just a new category in the character profile of each class? Cuz the profile pages are pretty empty
  9. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yeah, put the skills in the character profile but NOT the info box. And yes, they are pretty empty. S'why I suggested they go there!

And into a table too, with the skill names in the colour correspondent to the button they're mapped to. But leave the Passive Skill in automatic.

I suggested they go into a table because you can then list the level 1-3 upgrades of each skill and how much they cost to upgrade each.
  10. Col_Jessep

Oh if we only had one class with all the infos so we could start planning ahead... :)
    I link the idea to put the skill descriptions into the main article and the table is a great idea! The infobox will certainly get some more content but I'm not sure what yet.

One important thing about the wiki are links in my experience. There should be at least 10 to 20 links on each full page in the end. It makes browsing so much fun. When I start reading a wiki (Starcraft, Fallout, WH 40K, Star Trek...) I feel always compelled to click on the next link to an interesting topic after I read through an article. If there are enough links I can get lost for hours in a good wiki. Hopefully we can achieve that for MNC some day.

That brings me to my next point: navigation bars at the bottom of each page! I started to design a navigation box for the characters and I hope we can put a similar box at the bottom of each page. The good part is that it will be a template so you only need to add something like: {{nav char}} at the bottom of a page. Those navigation templates can also be edited easily in case we need more room for DLC content or anything later. I'll try to get the template up and running this weekend.
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Personally I'd rather you're clicking the "buy" button on Xbox Live or the "fire button" on your Xbox controller instead of clicking through a wiki. ;)
  12. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Now that is a given ;) ...but they need a place to go after we have killed them to learn new stuff and theory craft on how to kill the best players in the world. :cool:
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

At the moment, the ONLY players in the world..
  14. Col_Jessep

Pretty much what Shadow said: New players will probably get a good beating in their first online matches. When that happens they can go to the strategy part of the wiki and start reading up on all the stuff they need to know. What combination of skills work well together, when to buy which towers, upgrades, how to farm efficiently...

The theory crafting and builds will allow new players to get better that much faster. It will probably be a shrine of tears for Scathis though because players will pick apart even the slightest imbalances... :p
  15. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

If we collect his tears do you think we can absorb some of his power?
  16. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

17. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Done!

and thanks for the pic Gentleman
  18. Col_Jessep

19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Looking good!

I suppose we COULD make a start on the Endorsements page, now that we have the full list of them from that picture.

I'm thinkin', in table format? Or should we make three headings side by side, each saying "Level 1", "Level 2" and "Level 3". Then we just list the endorsements underneath. Ooh, and we could also make the endorsement names link to a page containing information about that endorsement.
  20. Col_Jessep

I think they did a great job on the picture and we should probably keep that design. It's the best way to display them for navigation. The table idea however is great to compare the stats of the endorsements and I'd like to have that on the main endorsement page too once we have the stats.

Now if we can get a larger version of that picture from Eka I can even make an image map. Meaning I can just take the picture and overlay invisible links to the endorsement pages. You can just click on the picture! The only downside to that would be that it would be a bugger to expand after a DLC pack. Well, Ill start with a simple table. :)