Why remove Unit Wreckage?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mjshorty, August 11, 2014.

1. moldez

moldez Active Member

hi,
    did not have the time to go through all posts above but I just wanted to add my thoughts on this.
    Removing the wreckage is a big disappointment at least for me.

There were several other ways to deal with this like:

1. turning the unitwreckage into little areas that just slow units down without blocking them entirely
    - maybe only blocking bots to make tanks more usefull in such areas?

2. slowly degrade wreckage to rubble over time
    - scars of war would still be visible and metal could still be reclaimed

3. turn the wreckage into a cosmetic thing, no blocking - no reclaim .. but somewhat sad

these are just 3 of many other possible ways to deal with this, but removing this feature is just ....

Moldez
    stuart98 and Planktum like this.
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

PA definitely needs something like this. This would cause more use for the wrecks and would make the more of a contentious gameplay element. A negative feedback loop in PA's economy would be one of the best things too happen to it.;)

@ledarsi, I knew there was something that was needed but couldn't articulate it. I absolutely agree with your analysis. Hopefully this gets implemented into PA somewhere down the line sooner than later.:cool:
    Last edited: August 15, 2014
  3. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Little disappointed with the wreckage choice to cut it but I'm sure Uber have their reasons wheither its from a pathing standpoint or one of the causes of the mass slowdowns late game. Hopefully they'll add that back into the game at a later point or perhaps have a check box somewhere in a similar fashion to supcom series where you can enable/disable wreckages.