Why only 5? maps?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Kel, February 9, 2011.

1. Kel

Kel New Member

I bought the game today after steamcommercial and some youtube-vids with gameplay, but I was shocked when i noticed that there are only 5 maps.
    All levels are also too small for my gameplay as assasine in my opinion (yes, i read some beginner-/assasineguides and maybe my playstyle don't fit what the assasine was planned for ;))

1. Will there be new maps? And when yes, when?
    2. Will there be a mapeditor? Custommaps would be awesome.
    3. Why cant I choose my class with the keyboard when a game starts? While dead I can easily press V (I switched the key for class change), but when the game begins, I have to move my mouse and that's very annoying.

4. By the way - Why do I have to wait 30 seconds or so after a game?? And 20 seconds in the game lobby? And after the game 10 seconds of animation with mapoverview and such stuff. That's ******* much wasting of time and I hate it so much .... no words to describe the anger, when I see the cooldown or the map and I have to wait.
    Every game. Again and again and again! :evil:

I'm no native speaker, so sorry for my bad english.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Yes, new maps are a possibility, and people plan to make fan maps as well.

As far as map size, I always thought they fit 12 players. GrenADEIII is the largest map I would think is balanced, what with the sniper and all. He has to be in assault grenade range unless the map is designed very well.

You play with a controller? With the keyboard set up like you would a medieval sword game? I don't see how using the mouse would bug you. However, maybe it would be nice to make it selectable by controller or keys.

I have trouble with lobby time. I actually think it's almost too short, I can barely find new protags or make new classes. On xbox, it's 2 minutes to start a new game once a game has finished. 50 seconds isnt bad compared to that.

Anyhow, there are only 5 maps because it began as a small XBox Live Arcade game. The development staff is no greater than 30 people. Maps will come, but the hard work by such a small game staff.
  3. Kel

Kel New Member

Is the mapstuff on the to-do-list or is that just your mind?

Sniper are not such problem, it works similar in TF2. But there, you got maps where you cant zoom over the whole map from the startpoint like mostly here in MNC.
    So, better mapdesign / custommaps is the answer.

No, I play with mouse + keyboard and in the setting you can bind a key for class switch. But when the game starts, pressing the key won't work, you have to click with the mouse. But if you die, you can press the key to switch class easily as long as you aren't spawned.
    So maybe they have forgotten to make it work in both situations, but it's annoying anyway.

What are "protags" by the way? And I don't think the lobby is for making new classes with the endorsemens, if someone wants to be creative, go back to the menu und join later.

50 seconds are 40 seconds too much. Lobby = you stay in the game or you leave, thats it. Not more, not less. Easy going.
    I don't want the chicks animations when a game starts, I don't want the ingame videos from the arena at the beginning or at the end of a game and I don't want the fukking waiting time in the lobby when you join a game or when the last game finished.
    In the Battle.net you got 5 seconds, ............ make 10 seconds here and it's fine.

When I Alt-Tab back to desktop during a game, my connection to the host got lost and I'm out of game. Error or gamedesign?
    And where can I see how many player are in a game already?
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I suspect Kel is treating MNC like any other FPS game.
  5. Kel

Kel New Member

Well, it is a TRS (Tomb Raider Shooter or whatever), but the elements between a FPS and MNC are very similar. I played damn much Battlefield:Heroes, it's 95% the same game, especially the assasine compared to the commando in BF:H.

And what is the connection between "You treat MNC like a FPS" and the annoying waiting time in the game?

I don't get the point of your sentence?
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hi Kel. A map editor (or rather a SDK) is planned and I think a lot of people here will enjoy making new maps. For now I'm quite happy with the 5 maps we have but I'm sure there will be more.

Uber is constantly improving the game but unlike EA they don't have a legion of developers. They are a small (less than 20 employees) Indie studio and sometimes it might take a little time to get something sorted out. Right now they are working on fixing bugs mostly, but there was already new content, the new gear.

However, unlike EA Uber listens to community feedback. They have already implemented a load of things that were suggested by fans. I have played MNC on the PC since the first day of the beta and it has taken large steps! Stay tuned, it will be worth it!
  7. Kel

Kel New Member

Okay, seems I have to wait a bit for new stuff, we'll see :).
    Which gear is new? I can't customize my pros, or?
  8. Col_Jessep

When you select your pro at the beginning of the match you can select his gear with the arrows under the portrait. You should at least have Retro and TF2 gear and possibly beta gear.
  9. Kel

Kel New Member

Oh cool, never looked at that. But I don't think I have Betagear, bought it yesterday, 08.02.2011 :(.
    I own TF2, but I don't think I get free gear for that ... :D
    Do I have to choose this gear again every time I join a game or it is saved?

Any way to see the number of players on a server in the server browser?
  10. Col_Jessep

Oh, I think the TF2 gear was a time limited thing too. Don't worry though, the Retro gear looks better anyway imo. And the beta gear is basically the Retro only with a golden shoulderpad.
    The server browser shows the number of open slots. 12 open slots means the server is empty, 3 means there are 9 players in the match.