Why Do you play Planetary Annihilation?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by masterofroflness, November 2, 2013.

1. sguy

sguy New Member

I play Planetary Annihilation because I'm a fan of RTS games, and I had a huge amount of fun with Supreme Commander in particular. Also, the concept of A) A strategy game on a round planet instead of a map, B) Said strategy game taking place across multiple planets, and C) Said strategy game including the ability to strap giant thrusters to said planets and crash them into one another, is a very new and refreshing one. Plus, I also enjoy watching the game evolve as more features are fleshed out, polished, and implemented. Fun times!
    Gunman006 likes this.
  2. etherdeath

etherdeath New Member

I begrudgingly play Planetary Annihilation pursuant to a court order. It's a complicated matter which I am not at liberty to discuss in detail, but suffice to say the judge ordered that I play only the most cutting edge RTS games a minimum 2 hours per day for a period of no less than 90 days. I also must help clean graffiti off the side of certain decommissioned NASA rockets.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I played red alert 2, cnc, cc renegade. I played a bit of ta, cc3, ra3.

Generally i like the genre. It would be a worthy endeavor to make a modern rts game. How often does cod get expansions, compared to us?

Also i played starcraft, but it is so very different from a full base game. This is different too, but mostly in good ways. If i have to go back to singular large base building again, I'd just as soon quit rts again and go back to strategy skill shooters.
  4. Gunman006

Gunman006 Member

RTS and Strategy in general has always been part of my life since I was 4 years old or something, playing with both family and friends when its snowing/raining outside is tranquility for my soul, really feel at peace and able to go back to that carefree, creative and imaginative consciousness I had gaming as a child before returning to the role as husband and citizen again. PA already feels like a game I will reminiscent about in 20 years time, and I'm very happy that this genre is being revitalized thanks to crowdfunding.

Just backed The Mandate on kickstarter which is a RPG/RTS and it is interesting that a genre that was decleared dead by lawyers, market analysists and economists is making such a comeback thanks to more opportunity for consumers themselves to decide what they want directly. PA is proof that elitist central marketplanning doesn't work imo.