Why can't you place unit cannons on water?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tesseracta, February 8, 2015.

1. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

2. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

I'd hate to completely embarrass you here but if you go back and read what I said after that comment I posted, you'll see that I was only making a joke about that one time Uber renamed the tier 1 tank to "unit cannon"
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

Ok, didn't make that mental connection... thank you for clearing that up lol

At least I made my point against not having unit cannons in water
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Just so you know, likely in the next 2 days, I will make NavalRedux 3.0, which will be vanilla-friendly (uses vanilla unitlist.json). I should end up doing:
    -unit cannon on water
    -teleporter on water
    -minor balance tweaks to air and subs and grenadiers and maybe mines
    tesseracta likes this.
  5. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

That's cool. Let me know when it's up and where it will be.

EDIT: Downloaded the mod yesterday, I found it pleasing that I could finally use unit cannons on water. I have a map with 5 water planets a gas giant and 1 land planet (as mentioned in an earlier post), and you could probably imagine how annoying that the enemy could just go to the land planet and build a million unit cannons while that person would have no choice to have to build umbrellas and defend against the incoming slammers and combat fabricators, and wait it out until the person could finally penetrate the enemy forces on the gas giant and halt the enemy anti-nuke systems from regenerating so quickly. By the time you would try to destroy him, he really would have orbital radars to swarm your planets find the commander and throw 1000 those units at the same time while there is almost no hope of firing units back, and he is the one who has the land, so why shouldn't the person who is trying to attack the land planet be able to fire land units from unit cannons at it? I wouldn't like this to only be a mod, I think it would be wise to have it there anyway.
    Last edited: March 7, 2015