Why are players in this game such elitists

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Davy o, February 19, 2011.

1. Snug

Snug New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av7m_Pgt1S8

TLC.
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Exactly, I can't watch the video so I don't get your point, but I agree.

I also just noticed the little "We're sorry" message on the video. Yeah, **** you too.
  3. Bakey

Bakey New Member

Let's see...

*Online FPS? Check.
    *Stats tracked? Check.
    *Voice comm enabled? Check.
    *Text chat enabled? Check.
    *Team based game? Check.
    *Douchebaggery from players? Guaranteed.

As long as all of the above are value==TRUE, Douchebaggery will abound.
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Pretty much sums it up. ;)
  5. Rammite

Rammite New Member

This. People generally act nice when they know they can be readily punished.

When people know they can't be punished, they're free to do whatever they want.
  6. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

This guy tells me what a scrub is.

Scrub isn't really referring to people who are bad but are blocked by their own (mental) ruleset. I think that's the most concise definition of it.

I don't wanna bastardise this, though. I think some people derive more fun from some games by playing like a scrub. Which isn't my definition of fun, really.
  7. taste

taste New Member

why not try TPS???

oh wait....

Here is what I see, it may not be correct, but its what I see in this game:

50% of the player base is very very experienced
    the rest of us are noobs who cant do anything right.
    there is no middle ground.
  8. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

It's more than being an online FPS. This game is a jerk magnet. Counter Strike a game with a seriously nasty respawn mechanic has less jerks than MNC. It has to be the Dota element. That's the only thing that's seriously different.

I know The Gaben has recently released a statement about his hatred for jerky players (part of the reason recent Valve games are comp stomp Coop stuff like L4D and Portal 2). Wonder how they are going to handle their DOTA 2 game...
  9. Kel

Kel New Member

Last time i played CSS it was full of jerks. Or do you mean CS 1.6? Kiddies play CSS ;).
    The DotA party is a main reason for so many idiot noobs not getting that this is not an "ego"shooter but a teamgame and that k/d doesn't matter as long as you kick the moneyball.

I vote for removing kill/death in the scoreboard, it's just useless. Ping, Bots and Cash, no need for more! :evil:
  10. jAstro

jAstro New Member

[​IMG]

Whenever i see someone acting like a jerk i imagine that they look like this.
  11. s0cks

s0cks New Member

Notice how the jerks never usually really use voice chat either? Not that many people use VoIP in this game, but anything that removes a sense of anonymity - like their real voice - is a no go for a jerk.
  12. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

I think you'll find s0cks that doesn't apply on Live, utopia of jerks, rofl.
  13. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I don't even know what the button is.

Its also possible people do not have a mic.
  14. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Never heard of the Greater Internet ****wad Theory have you?

I take amusement in antagonizing the people who rage and get all uppity. Especially when they're on the losing team... at the bottom... and i MVP the winning side. As the class he was complaining about. Because i smashed everything he built and he ended the match being of almost zero value to his team... Yeah, i'm the one with no skill. Because i play assassin. That explains it.

Elitists do ruin communities - the loud minority.

The easiest solution is to ignore them, but it's much more fun poking them at regular intervals.