why all the hate? and desperation for a unit cannon?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tommybananas, March 15, 2014.

1. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Also it's a technical go...
    Damn you ninja Knight!
  2. overwatch141

overwatch141 Active Member

I know the million unit battles were more of a technical goal, but it'll take a lot of optimization for us to be able to make armies that large and actually be able to play.

Sim City promised being able to build a large city with your friends on a server and failed to deliver.

Well if a game is incomplete it is a failiure.
    If it's missing mechanics and content it's because the devs failed to take or didn't have (as is not the case with PA) the time to implement everything they promised to.

The Internet may have a 3 second memory, but when someone in the not so far future wants to buy the game they'll look at reviews. An incomplete game doesn't get good reviews.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I guess we just have different definitions as to what incomplete is in regards to games, for me it's more about the game's overall function that specific features. It's a shame that the Unit Cannon had to get pushed to Post-Release, but in the grand scheme of things it's not a "lynchpin" type feature like Strat Zoom or procedural planet/system generation. The game is more than playable as it is, and it'll only get better post release.

Mike
    Last edited: March 24, 2014
  4. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

We're starting to think like devs guys,"We gotta put this last piece of work in else we might have a fail launch"
    It's not bad it just show us how uber is keeping us in touch with everything, they tell us soo much and talk to us soo much that we actually feel like we are on the uber offices helping make the game, and we are starting to feel the preasure, we all want this game to suceed and now we are stressed that people might not like "our" game (techinically we all own uber for this game) we are getting stressed about the metacritic about reviews about the content
    My advice is, chill out enjoy the flow and help uber with what you can, explain to the reviews why the unit cannon is not on the release and help with the marketing (do reviews tell your friends etc)