whould you buy dlc for pro udates

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by komanderkyle, August 12, 2010.

1. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

Your current employer would love for you to show up to the job and not expect to be paid as well.

Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
  2. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Because Valve is an incredibly unsuccessful developer...
  3. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

You guys do realize that Uber has to make money too. So stop saying it should be free.
    I'd pay at least 500 MS for 2 Crossfire Maps and at least 1 new Blitz with a bit more variety.

Free + New Company= Not a good plan.
  4. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

Are you trying to equate the size of dev team/revenue/investors of Valve to Uber? :shock:
  5. AssassinsGoneWild

I haven't really researched Valve's history much, but I'm willling to bet they didn't start charging for updates even while they were starting out just to make an extra buck.

Considering MNC, a great game in it's own right even though it lacks a decent variaty of map, is PROBABLY going to be decently successful anyway, I wouldn't think Uber wanted to separate/push away/**** over it's growing community by milking them with map packs, not to mention I doubt they would make much money off of it in a community so small.

The only way Uber is going to be successful is by supporting it's community, no real debate there.

ALso, run on sentances are very sexy, and I'm really sick of my avatar already.
  6. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

If you think that's how Valve started, you DO need to go research their history.

Who said they were going to milk mappacks? I doubt they would.
    I'd rather get one big mappack a few months from now for another 15 dollars, depending on the content.
  7. AssassinsGoneWild

And have only a fourth of this small community buy it and split up the game?

Just looked up Valve's history on Wikipedia, developing FREE mods and sequals, meaning actual new games, doesn't sound like milking one game for map packs.
    Last edited: August 13, 2010
  8. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

We'll have a huge fanbase within months, if you don't get the DLC, then too bad.
    I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people without, you can play with them
  9. AssassinsGoneWild

I can play with them? Dude, you must be on crack if you think I'm not getting any DLC for this game, my point is that the people that DO get the DLC are going to be the ones with 10+ minute matchmaking que times. We will be waiting FOREVER just to play on the DLC maps we're going to pay extra money for.

Paying for maps no one plays is BAD, the only reason big companies with freaking huge communities can charge for their DLC is because they know people will buy it. Uber doesn't have that luxury, charging for something that should have been included in the game is going to turn away players.
  10. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

"Should have been included..." They included what was needed.
    Listen if the people who say they love this game, really love the game, they won't mind a 15 DLC pack with 4 new varied maps.

(BTW, Valve built up a huge fanbase, that's why they are still around.)
  11. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

AssumptionsGoneWild?

Yes.
  12. AssassinsGoneWild

Don't be jealous of my conspiracy theories bra.
  13. intelekt

intelekt New Member

Ok.. I cannot allow you people to compare ANYTHING Valve does to this game... Valve is a PC Developer... MNC is an Xbox360 XBLA release..

That I know of Valve has never relesead a game of this caliber at this price point.. Period.

For 15 dollars this game is more than worth the value, and any DLC could easily be equal to the purchase price and I think most would and will pay for it..

People who want free DLC on Xbox are either poor or cheap, maybe both, but developers do not survive on rainbows and hugs.. they have families and bills like everyone else..

I am dissapointed to see all these would be gamers expecting free DLC or content.. people work on it, develop it, and they dont do this for free...

Seems to me AssassinsGoneWild is just too young to understand financial stability, which is why he prbably wants free content.

You dont buy milk at the store then ask for a free box of cereal... and if you do you are a BUM.
  14. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

QUOTING THIS WHOLE POST SO NO ONE MISSES IT.
  15. KazooieBanjo

KazooieBanjo New Member

Uh, you can pick up TF2 for like 20$ and over the past 2 and a half years all new contnet has been free...
  16. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

BumbuminGoneWild

OMG CAN HAS PANHANDLE BUFF PLZ HOW I MINE FOR FREE JAJAJA
  17. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

Point missed:

Valve != Uber

There's various economic ecosystem reasons why free DLC would be BAD for the community, and a complete education would result in a post no one would read due to length.

Suffice to say, anyone ALREADY clamoring for free stuff from Uber on DAY TWO should GTFO.
  18. intelekt

intelekt New Member

Mensa... Did it release at 20 dollars??? NO, Just like MNC may go on sale in 4-5 months for a short time to 800 MS points, games lower in value months AFTER they release... so no the have NEVER developed a game and released it at this price point..

TF2 is also available on XBL.. and the CONTENT IS NOT FREE!!!

Once again PC and Xbox Arcade are two different ballparks.. different sports even..

Dont try to compare them or their price points!!

MW2 was a 60 dollar release with 2 15 dollar map packs, and I put MNC in the same category of replay value and quality, So yes, this game is an absolute STEAL.. anyone complaining about the price must make less than 15$ an hour I guess... I spend 5 times that on dinner and drinks some nights.. Are these all 12 year olds? Did you buy your own 250$+ console?? Seriously...
  19. Evil Lemon325

Evil Lemon325 New Member

Wow, you must really hate this game.
  20. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Seriously, I'm tired of all the people who claim to hate MW2 here.

Jeez, Hater's gonna hate.