Who's got alpha?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Spinewire, May 28, 2013.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You should never release updates on a Friday, unless you enjoy working weekends!
  2. antillie

antillie Member

This. Oh god this.
  3. pantsburgh

pantsburgh Active Member

Perhaps you should understand what people have said before you write up a big rant. Let me lay it out for you.

Person 1 - "Why would you mod an incomplete game?"
    Person 2 - "Because learning and building is enjoyable."
    Person 3 - "You are delusional."

The context of the original question did not specify modding day 1 release of the alpha; it was simply in general. The alpha is months long; there will be opportunities. Don't think you're the only person that understands what an alpha is, or the only person that has read up on the game and watched livestreams.

Additionally, why are you using words that carry an offensive connotation? I don't see why that's needed. We're all friends here.

You have either never modded an Elder Scrolls game, or you have never had a Lego set.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Or modded minecraft. If you never modded minecraft, I hate to have to question where you have been modding. Anywhere?
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

:| I barely even know you.

Person 1 - "Why would you mod an incomplete game?"
    Person 2 - "Because learning and building is enjoyable."
    Person 3 - "If you think Uber is going to LET you fiddle with their stuff at this stage, you are delusional."

My post was not necessarily aimed at you, so I have no idea why you're getting defensive. There have been several people in this thread (and others) who have expressed the intention to mod the game as soon as they get their hands on it.
    I am merely telling them that such actions are unlikely in the extreme.

---

The Planetary Annihilation Alpha is not a box of legos.
    The Planetary Annihilation Alpha does not come with Modding tools attached.
    The Planetary Annihilation Alpha will not (during most of its testing phase) be able to be modified due to the Alpha's dependency on server connection's and Ubers imposed restrictions there upon.

We're talking constant internet connection, we're talking file verification, we're talking all kinds of **** that will restrict your access to fiddling with the files.

A Lego Set The Alpha Is Not.
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  6. thapear

thapear Member

I've modded TA, SC, FA, ST:Armada 2, HW2, Demigod.
    I modded all those before I made a single Minecraft mod. (Which eventually, I admit, I did)
    Modding Minecraft is not a prerequisite...
  7. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Let us not forget that this topic is NOT about modding. Put your arguments in a more appropriate place, for there are MANY topics about it. Calm. Down.
  8. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

Valid point- but then you have to ask yourself how many weekends these guys have already put in and would they really mind putting in one more for the fans.. Guess we'll find out- but Ive still got hopes for a weekend of gaming :D
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

please bury them, I just made other plans for the weekend, alpha starting before sunday evening would be a nightmare now. xD
  10. teradyn

teradyn Member

Why do you say this? I don't know why Uber wouldn't want an opportunity to test their server load with the backers and pre-orders for at least one weekend before the main Steam crowd.
  11. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

It's also difficult. While Friday typically means potential weekend work, it also means if you're trying to get people in and playing, it's usually one of the better times to get more people playing. :)

I'm talking Friday's in general, not making any statement about what the plan for today is.
  12. teradyn

teradyn Member

You tease, you!!!
  13. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

That statement is as bad as the "woot, I got it" thread.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

At least it's fair. ;)
  15. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

ASDPFOIUHASDPFOIHASDF
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

you are making it sound like there is some kind of evil master plan for today
  17. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

Yes, their plan is obvious at this point. It is to torture us. Why do think they keep checking the forums so often but never making any announcements. ;)
  18. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

I mean regardless.. Ill be gaming- Id just prefer it be from PA than EveOnline :mrgreen:
  19. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

Their plan for today is to let us whip ourselves into a lather, then announce that 100 alpha keys are going out to the 1000$+ backers.

Then they will have broken us, and we will wait for as long as they need before the rest of the keys go out.

Teasing, obviously. I have no idea what their plans are. Or how nefarious they may or may not be. :D

I'm going to start brewing my Annihilation IPA today. Double Alpha hopping schedule. Uber can expect a case around the end of Alpha. :D
  20. Baronboom

Baronboom New Member

:eek:
    You devilish rogue!
    Toying with us like some sort of twisted fiend...
    I'd do the same in your position :twisted: