Who wants to help Uber fix a glitch?!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, September 7, 2010.

1. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We are having one heck of a time reliably reproducing the un-killable glitch.

It is: Player is either stuck in place or unable to turn, has zero health and won't die, but can still do damage.

Post here if you know how it happens and have steps to reproduce it.

(For you people out there wanting to get into game testing, this is how you prove your worth!)
  2. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I wish I knew more.

The only unkillable times I can recall is when lag hits and my hits do 0 damage.
  3. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

Do you mean when hexagons pop up when you shoot?
  4. scathis

No, There are rare instances where someone can't move or take damage but can still shoot.
  5. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

You mean a deployed gunner? *laugh sign on

I think it might be caused by someone grabbing you dying at a odd time. Seeing and when your being grabbed you cant move and are invincable until its over. Just a theory..
  6. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

i dont know if its related but one time i was standing near a broken turret and when it became available to be rebuilt i got stuck and i was invincible and possibly invisible all the while stuck yet able to shoot to damage others. was like that till the match ended after 2 minute of this , i was a tank.
  7. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

I saw it happen today as an Assassin hit blind and jumped, only to get stuck half a meter above the ground and seeing shuriken coming from that spot for the rest of the game. This was in SteelPeel under the inner ring, right next to a pillar. Thats about all i can think of.

Hopefully i'll be able to reproduce it myself but it seems so rare.
  8. scathis

And that's the issue we're having. :p
  9. Quazikill

Quazikill New Member

Idk if this is truly related but it's definitely weird... Last night while playing assassin, I hit the annihilator on Grenade III and jumped up to the bridge platform and grappled an assassin. The annihilator hit her right as my stab killed her. I watched my screen say +$25 Grapple Kill and she fell down on the ground and immediatly came back from the dead on the spot and grapple killed me.
  10. scathis

Did she continue to stay unkillable but not move?
  11. Quazikill

Quazikill New Member

I am unsure. I believe she was able to freely move so it might be totally irrelevant.
  12. Goose

Goose Active Member

I came across this today. A tank ran into the enemy base and almost died. His health was as low as it could get and I ran in to heal him. I died and came back to find him jumping around normally. There were a bunch of people on him ( I know for a fact there was an Assault and an Assassin) and a rocket turret was firing at him. Apart from that, there was nothing I can remember of interest.
  13. Kor

Kor New Member

This actually has happened to me. I'm not sure what caused the problem, but I'll try to remember it as best I can (this was like the 3rd or 4th day of release).

I was an assassin on Steel Peel. I had just jumped off of the upper ring into the enemy base. This would be the opening that they DO NOT jump to from their spawning lift.

I landed and played a bit of try and grapple the sniper who was standing right next to a level 1 laser turret. A gunner was nearby, but I can't remember if he actually did anything to me. I successfully grappled the Sniper, but halfway through the motion, I locked in place. I'm not certain, but I think the Gunner may have performed a slam attack on/near me?

(I doubt this matters, but more specifically, If we use the blue base as north, and red as south, I was stuck at about two turret nubs worth of distance southeast from the turret that spawn closest to blue teams west entrance.)

I remember being frozen in place, I could swing, and shoot, but couldn't die. My friend (in party chat) happened to be on the other team, so we played around with it for a little bit, trying to see what happened.

The detail I remember the most is that my feet were actually clipping into the ground, as if I was standing about 3 inches below where the floor begins. I could try to force myself to move, but I would turn maybe 5 degrees, and then be forced back. However, due to the strong auto-aim in the game, I could actually turn very very slowly, if I had someone leading me. It wasn't much, but at some point, I had turned about 25 degrees from my initial placement, and eventually tried turning back to my original position, and succeeded.

I'll try asking my friend what he remembers about the scenario (we both are tester types, and like experimenting for the sake of experimenting).
  14. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

i have really never seen or had this glitch happen in crossfire. Although in blitz mode this sometimes happens to gapshots getting stuck under that billboard they stand by. so id assume its something with gettin stuck in walls/floors
  15. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I've pulled this off twice -- and I quit both games because nobody would come near me (as support)

One was as my health hit 0 I purchased a skill (dont recall which) -- maybe passive -- and it froze me in place.

The second was when I juiced as I was getting to zero health, we got hit with an annihilator as I juiced, and It just froze me in place with juice and no damage taken, but I could shoot -- heal and all.
  16. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

This glitch happened to a friend of mine on steel peel near the enemy base. I believe he was standing near a pillar and almost died (he was playing a tank).

When his health came back up he was unkillable but could not move. He could however use his jump jets to turn and hop around.

Possible scenario: he was almost dead and someone built a turret right next to him.
  17. scathis

We're really hoping for a repeatable case.

I really appreciate all the feedback saying people have seen it but there's nothing definitive to go off of here.
  18. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Ok I asked my friend and he said he was taunting and was killed during the taunt but did not die. Up until that point he had not died. His health remained at zero for the rest of the match.
  19. Goose

Goose Active Member

I can tell this one will be a tricky fix for you guys. :(

Good luck though.
  20. yoshi1hero

yoshi1hero New Member

Grappling two at the same time or a lot of other skills used on one player at the same really glitches game up. Have had many skills user on me at once and I got a few extra shots in before a skill kicked in and teleported me off edge.. I think you go invinceable but I don't know if those freeze shots count. I think this is referring to 2 graples at once. Because the players will look they are moving but game stops 2 players to calculate who gets it.