Who should play PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by syox, March 14, 2013.

1. allister

allister Active Member

Node will have to upload a LAN Party video of it, and it's going to be awesome.
  2. CrixOMix

CrixOMix Member

Not true. He's played some nonblizzard games. Look at his Husky 2 channel. He's played through half life and pokemon. And he's touched on many other games like scribblenauts, amnesia, chivalry, etc.
  3. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Given he already did an interview with Uber, TotalBiscuit is going to at least make a WTF is...? of PA.
  4. ayceeem

ayceeem New Member

No one. I wish gamers were just in it for the games, and not the need to feel propped up by 'e-celebrities'. I don't like any of these assholes.
  5. RCIX

RCIX Member

Hey, fine, if you want PA to not get the publicity it could...
  6. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Uhm. How about, I dunno... everyone?
  7. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

Yes he does "Lets plays about many games and i am a fan of his Videos BUT he does like play the campaign once, or show the basics of the multiplayer and thats it. The only things of wich he does content all the time is SC2 and i dont think it will change in the next years(HOTS and LOTV). He IS a blizzard fanboy, he admitts it in several vidoes.
    I would like to see him make videos about PA but i realy dont think he will be an active player or make regular content about it.

@ayceeem: Wooaa woooo hold on... you cant just call them all assholes! However if some of them play PA it WILL help the playerbase grow, what results in better Matchmaking/Fairer games and faster development(metagame, balance etc....)
  8. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

I hope they bring him in to do some vids during the beta.
    Should bring PA a lot of extra exposure.
  9. CrixOMix

CrixOMix Member

Did you read my post? He played through ALL of half life, half life black mesa, and pokemon blue. Granted that's only three games. But he still did it. And PA doesn't really have a campaign, so I can see husky playing it a decent amount. Yes he's a blizzard fanboy, but he does other things too. I'm just saying I would like him to play it.
  10. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

Yes i red your post.
    But didn't i say kinda the same?
    He only played theese campaigns ONCE and i am talking about regular content. Yes he does contents about different games and sometimes maybe a little bit longer.
  11. Nelec

Nelec Member

Totalbiscuit did a interview with Uber about PA, so I reckon we will be seeing a wtf is Planetary Annihilation. Other than that, most of my friends backed the kickstarter so it should be fun :D
  12. syox

syox Member

Well in germany the best know lets player is gronkh (he has more subscriber than day9 and husky together) though i dont think he is suited for RTS in general, he is like the german counterpart to tobygames.
  13. CrixOMix

CrixOMix Member

Well I guess we're on the same page... I'm not expecting husky to take up PA and cast it like he casts starcraft. I'm just hoping he spends 5-10 hours on playing PA. Honestly even ONE video will inform 750,000 subscribers and hundreds of thousands more who watch his videos about what PA is.
  14. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Kim would cry after he realized the dramatic difference between brutally efficient self-replicating mechanisms of war and his laughably rusty army.

I would like to see how SC2 Pros play PA.
  15. ayceeem

ayceeem New Member

Who the fu©k needs blowhards with YouTube and Twitter accounts to be informed about games? There's a litany of ways information can travel; via gaming networks, any RTS fansite, forum threads, google, friends, etc..
  16. Gruenerapfel

Gruenerapfel Member

its not about what is needed to get informed, its about getting informed if not needed
  17. whip

whip New Member

The pope, Barrack Obama and his aunt.
  18. taihus

taihus Member

Please restrain your rage to where it matters ;)
  19. RCIX

RCIX Member

Which is more effective: A youtube video demonstrating gameplay with 200,000 views on a popular channel, or a post about it in a gaming forum with 200?

And you need it. More people playing = more money to Uber and more money to Uber = more toys for you.
  20. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Yeah, might want to take a class in marketing ;)