Who made you a better player

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by sicklyash, November 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I agree with the confidence thing as well. If you start to not take risks, you will lose. Aggressiveness and initiative are KEY in this game.
  2. F5in

F5in New Member

Well xcal is the one that got me into this game.

Nobody really mentored me although there were countless people I learned from and got better by playing with/against, so I can't really make a list. :(
  3. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

true
  4. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

Why did you even make this thread, didn't you know everyone was just going to say they learned everything on thier own? Did you really think this wasn't going to turn in to another ego stroking thread? The question was not 'Who was your mentor', unless people were able to play this game from the beginning against nothing but AIs and themselves, NO ONE; solely made THEMSELF a better player. Your competition and seeing the things they do, while you learn to react to other 'human' players, the things you discover on your own, were because you were trying to get a leg up on a 'human' who got you with a tactic you knew you could have countered. The OP asked who were some of these 'human' players that caused you to think "hey, maybe I should try (new tactic) against so and so that keeps getting me with that move" *warning*next few posts will contain comments from Jon saying something about how dumb I am, zooooom will put something ridiculously off-topic because I made a good point,Zatchmo will just say "No", Chronicle will come and say it doesn't matter because anyone can play support, Thudercat will say something totally stupid about my DJ iing skills even though he has never seen or heard me, the rest of thier noob buddies that have never even played against me will follow like puppy dogs attempting to troll me. How about we not repeat the same thing that happens every time I post something? ;)
  5. gunked

gunked New Member

I think BoyGoatToy learned a thing or 2 of your support tactics and plays exactly like you.

For those who dont know how he plays see picture
    [​IMG]
  6. x 2TurnTableS x

^^^ see what I mean about the people on this board. Idiotic replies to real posts, that's the norm.

EDIT: Oh and Gunked your picture is wrong, you would be the one laying on the ground because I sure as hell would let you die, and we all know you can't do a single thing without being healed the entire time. Why? because half of you gunners that think you are the bomb are worthless without a support, you have no idea how to play with any tact because if you have a healgun in your *** you can walk down a lane like the friggin terminator. You're right, that right trigger is tough to hold down.
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Nope. Smartest thing I've ever seen you post.
  8. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Was actually a compliment.

No bullsh!t, that was a very intelligent post.
  9. x 2TurnTableS x

lol, yeah I realized that after it was too late, I deleted it. Not used to getting compliments from you.
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I'm half-drunk.
  11. x 2TurnTableS x

I'm half Irish, other half drunk :lol:
  12. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I'm not gonna lie though Tables, with most of your posts you let your anger get in the way of the point you are trying to make, and it makes you come off somewhat immature. It almost seems as though you are looking for someone to respond to your comments in a negative way. Most of your points are very solid, but when they're put to text, the well-intentions become clouded by hostility.

I wouldn't ask you to change who you are, but if you want people to read the intelligence hidden within your posts, I would suggest you tone down the aggression. ;)

On Topic: I am a Support by trade - I make everyone else a better player.
  13. gunked

gunked New Member

You clearly cant grasp the truth of how you play. GEEEEEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  14. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

EXACTLY! If you make us near invincible, well.....then... we're nearly invincible!!!
  15. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

^
    ^
    ^

Why u ragequit bro
  16. x 2TurnTableS x

Jon, the anger doesn't usually come through until people trivialize a point that I make just because they see that I wrote it and it is a good time to troll. Yes, it angers me, when I put a little thought in to a post and actually care about what I am saying and then it is all ruined because a troll has to come and say 'u made' or the same old tired pics and sayings. I try to ignore it, but some people on here are relentless with it, trolling my posts when they didn't even read what I was trying to say or did not understand it. Jon, I also have been trying to tone down the aggression because I do know that is what fuels people to mess with me. I love that Jon, might have to sig: "I am a Support by trade - I make everyone else a better player."
  17. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

^
    Puts thought into posts.
  18. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

^

skyrim
  19. x 2TurnTableS x

You get the glory and the amazing player status, I get the last place without a word about what I did, woohoo, fun for me.
  20. x 2TurnTableS x

Zatchmo and zooooooom acting like idiots, predicted already.

EDIT: thread derailing pros
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.