Where's the 360 Love and How Come PC gets updates?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, April 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

What actually happened was completely out of our control that time. There was some internal issues with the certification process that caused every single game, both XBLA and Retail games to be delayed by weeks. Once the issues were resolved and certification resumed, guess who got priority in the queue ... Retail of course. Moral of the story? Sh!t happens; bring an umbrella.
  2. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

My virgin eyes don't understand.
  3. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

Done!
    [​IMG]
  4. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Read the whole thread in case I would've missed something. Biggest waste of time, for the most part. That aside....

I do love the official response, though unfortunately, the response itself doesn't contain any new news other than the gaming engine, which almost qualifies as bad since that implies even MORE testing and more of a wait.

Still, it's nice to see some dev interaction. It's really one of the main things I liked about Uber. They'd make a few threads, reply to some posts, and occasionally, screw with you.

So, I guess my position overall hasn't really changed. Or the position in general, if I were to guess. There'll still be many who will get over this response in a day or two, and start complaining citing the original post as BS and reason to leave, and leave "LEFT 4 BRINK" threads in their wake.

As for me, I intend to enjoy all my games, MNC, and Brink, included. Because, shockingly, you can play more than one game within a day.
  5. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Holy sh!t.
  6. destructamental

destructamental New Member

This forum is a waste of time.
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You guys need help to stop wasting your time here?
  9. destructamental

destructamental New Member

Nah I'm good stretch. It's nice to have a conversation here and there when I'm all alone for the night.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I would stop wasting my time here, and for the most part I use my time elsewhere anyway so it isn't like I waste ALL my time here...

But right now the internets at my job is too slows, so I am on the forums.

2 things I can't do at my job: Watch cartoons/anime online with the kbps connection, and my girlfriend (but which would I perfer? jkjk, it wouldn't be a close choice at all, but I would settle for either).
  11. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I didn't mean it in that context either. you have to admit having a conversation here is almost impossible
  12. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

^^^^DO YOU SEE THAT GUY!?!?!^^^^
  13. Retribution892

Retribution892 New Member

I seriously hope that Monday Night Combat doesn't turn into another TF2 for xbox =/ a deserted un-updated mess while the PC version still thrives to this day. I wouldn't be so upset about this if MNC came out for Mac also, the platform I bought TF2 on after the 360 version got deserted, but it isnt, naturally.

so there is no way I can play the awesome version of this game (even though it originated on the 360)

so you guys at Uber better get your act together D< or im going to be one unhappy camper.
  14. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

To late.
  15. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

You know something...**sniff sniff**...I smell a sequel coming.

You can't do paid DLC on this because it will splinter the player base in matchmaking. MS game studios was the publisher on MNC and they don't dig free DLC. How do you solve this? Do a MNC 2 that the entire player base can move on to and sell it for the price of a full retail game map pack and everyone 'wins.' MS, UBER, gamers wanting more MNC.

MNC is losing steam online right now and those griping about it have gotten way more than $15 worth of gameplay out of it, so why not a sequel to what was a critical and commercial darling on XBLA? More maps, more classes...there was a preview before the release of MNC that claimed they got a sneak peek at a downloadable class that doesn't seem to be coming to MNC. Save it for the sequel.

Based upon the current climate around here, it really does make a lot of sense. The UBER team can't make a living doing free updates.

I could easily be wrong, but it sure makes a ton of logical sense. And, hey...I'd buy it! :mrgreen:
  16. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Yep.

At this point just make a sequel. I'd buy a disc version of MNC2 for $60 in a heartbeat.

Bigger maps, more classes, more things to spend money on in a match, etc. Put those all in an upgraded MNC package.

Seems like it would be a better use of time to work on the sequel rather than trying to support a basically dead game.
  17. Anku

Anku New Member

I just hope that the update will come at least by december, I'm still playing at least 1 round everyday, and I hope that by that time, I'm still interested (I almost get bored with games by max. 3 months, and this game I got it when it came out (it was a gift) and well, it's the best gift for me :3
  18. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

if the update isn't AT LEAST in microsoft's hands mid-june, uber's doing something wrong
  19. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I wonder if there has been any progress for the 360 now that you say that Rev, its been a month since even this thread was (re)posted. would be nice to know :D
  20. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The PC version isn't even updated to the new engine yet. I may not know much about making video games but i assume this process isn't something that happens over a month or so.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.