When you've finished making PA...

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by mafoon, November 24, 2013.

?

After finishing PA if they used their new Engine to make Populous 2 Would you buy it?

1. Yes, i loved that game and this would an amazing re imaging for it.

51.2%
  2. I did like Populous but i don't want a remake or sequel.

12.2%
  3. No that's a terrible idea.

36.6%
  1. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Well, it has this system called gems. You can mine them, but that's not really efficient. It has also these cards that you need to collect to tech up. It also supposedly has a store mechanism planned, for buying those cards, which I am pretty sure will use gems as currency. So either they flick the switch and "allow" you to buy those gems for real money (which is very likely) or you can get gems only by mining or playing multiplayer (less likely).

It actually makes me quite sad to have payed for a game that looks like it is going to use the free to play formula... Still, I try to keep a hint of optimism for this game because it shows so much promise (and it's not like I have a lot to choose from. Black and white 2 was made in 2009 and I don't think EA even remembers owning the ip anymore).
  2. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

I keep fantasizing of a SimCity game with the PA engine.. several planetwide megacities, trade ships travelling between them... hnnggg. I wonder why there is not a SimCity style game on kickstarter (that I know of), seems like free money given how popular that type of game is and how bad the recent EA published one was..
  3. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Hell yes. City management game on PA engine and with similar aesthetics would work pretty well. No explosions and craters, just metal tentacles of the city slowly grabbing the green planet to eventually consume it... That would look cool.
  4. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Aww that hurt. B&W2 how i miss you.

But yea, UBER, make more awesome games with this engine!
    More!
    More!
    MOAR!

*foam in mouth, falls to the ground, convulses and suddenly lies silent*
  5. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Theoretically this should be possible to mod in as some kind of single (or multi)-player mode. They are building the game to be as moddable as possible.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Personally I think the PA engine could be the perfect starting point for Homeworld 3 :D

Any which way though this engine is something pretty unique- and I'd like to try out some different styles of games in it....