When will the game no longer need a internet connection?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by WarriorServent, August 10, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I still have hopes that UBER will make a push for this Soon™ otherwise they will loose a huge amount of customers.
    kjotak109 likes this.
  2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

And if Uber loses a huge amount of customers (people stop playing PA, people refuse to buy PA, etc.), it runs a huge risk of going bankrupt.

Deciding whether a game should be always-online on launch or not may be the last decision that a game company makes.
    Nicb1 and tatsujb like this.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I don't even feel this to be true. Deciding if it is or not period can be. Games like Planetside2 are built like they will never see a day where it isn't locked on their side. Games like this however are building the server for end-use of the customer. The server isn't something just the devs can use. It is already probably designed around simple user interface. So whether it is at launch or not, it's intent is as soon as possible. It was always in the plans for that to ship. So it is a matter of when, not if.

If it were a matter of if, as though they were going to keep it serverside and milk it or something, then it would be a double edged blade.
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. donut64

donut64 Member

I noticed this.

Early in the game, maybe when it just got into "beta", the server-side was quite smooth. I got 100 hours clocked in then.
  5. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

I find I have most of my problems at peak times. Off peak and I have nearly perfect games.

Server is coming though, don't stress guys. Bitching about it every second day is not going to change anything, just aggravate the devs, and unhappy devs = slower devs :(
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Hmm... That's encouraging... That's going to work rather well... this means I'm gonna have some super awesome servers available for rental!!! :-D