When theres more than 2 of the same class on your team?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Reltsirk, December 12, 2010.

1. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

I've always considered myself a "Master of None," so I like being diversely capable. I'm a darned good assassin (I like trying to find games that liefglinde is in and trying to outscore him; I haven't yet, but I've gotten close), a good support, and a good tank on certain maps. If I see all supports, assassins and snipers on my team I might play gunner just to help the team balance, but I'm not great at it, and my sniper, well... my sniper is special. Just... special. But I occasionally pull him out in hopes that practice makes less imperfect.

I guess I understand that some people like to do one thing and do it well, but I'd rather be mediocre at everything. :lol:
  2. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I go by the Roster in my sig.

If there are already 2+ players using my 1st string position, I use my second stringers.
  3. Die4Less

Die4Less New Member

Quick question. Match on Steel Peel starts, and there's 2 Snipers, 2 Assassins. One of the other guys hasn't picked yet. What do you pick?

Anyways, I personally am all for balance. I've seen a balanced team of four mercenaries beat out parties of 6 who have vastly one-sided teams. Balance is best, even if teamwork isn't there.

I usually play the Support, but I am willing to choose other classes provided my team already has others, for the sake of balancing.
  4. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

My first pick is normally Assassin, its my best class i use. However lately i have been trying new classes and i have become very fond of Support and Tank.
  5. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Hey hey hey hey, smoke support everyday.
  6. IcyZyon

IcyZyon New Member

Depends on what the class is. If its Assassin or Sniper, then I leave period, no exceptions. If its anything else I usually check out how they are doing.
  7. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Right on.
  8. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Weirdly enough, I have yet to play a game where that happens for any map-class option on my roster.

If it did... Then if the 5th person wasn't a Support, I would pick Support. If the 5th person was a support, I would choose Gunner/Tank because the team would be seriously lacking in Heavy Class pushing ability.
  9. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

I think it depends on how good the two guys are at what ever class they happen to be using. Three supports are not really a good idea but if i have two on my team who wont heal any damaged turrets or hack anything then i will change because healed turrets are a must. I will then play support for the next few games till the same guys leave or smarten up which never happens.
  10. mrsims31

mrsims31 New Member

THIS. Similarly, I hate it when I think we have bot pushing covered because we have two sins and a tank, only to have the enemy knocking on our door in the first 5 mins.

I try to pick the best class for the teams needs, keeping in mind my own skill/level of comfort with each class. But if the competition isn't that great then I'll just pick whatever... doesn't matter to me how many we already have on the team.