What's Your Alpha Date Prediction?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by CrixOMix, March 12, 2013.

1. xtf

xtf New Member

2. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

The day after tomorrow if not the day after if not [loop "the day after if not" until: alpha start]

[troll sequence end]
  3. dubiouslydubstep

dubiouslydubstep New Member

Hey that's my birthday. Even though that would make an awesome gift... I really don't want to wait another couple of months.
  4. commanderdaz

commanderdaz Member

5. CrixOMix

CrixOMix Member

Updated. Sorry for the long delay. If I missed you for some reason you can mention it again. I don't have the patience to go back through 15 pages and checking it.

Waiting with baited breath! I totally hoped it would be sooner obviously haha. I can't wait to play the game
  6. rage8668

rage8668 New Member

It will go alpha when they are ready for it to be alpha not one day before. I will say June 11th
  7. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

I can't wait until I see a red name update in this forum.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

yeah an alpha date prediction by a red poster would be funny. xD
  9. Kahdir

Kahdir New Member

1st week of June [​IMG]
  10. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

Well, they said they will announce alpha-beta 1-2 weeks before the respective version is ready. So you might as well make the next week of predicted dates red.

Edit:
    Alpha confirmed for May 1st, 2013.

Attached Files:

11. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I don't think it's a coincidence, therefore aliens.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'm going to put my oar in at May 22nd.
  13. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Well, one thing is sure.

As the "Cosmic Limited Edition" gives you access to the Alpha, and the sale of this version is up until end of April, it is unlikly the Alpha will finish BEFORE end of April (making this Alpha access a complete scam).

And in addition, a few things have to be taken into account.
    There are a least 8144 people that can have access to the Alpha (eligible Kickstarter backers).
    And forcing 8000+ people to sign a NDA is completly out of question (Garat said that too i remember) => once the Alpha starts, game will be "on the loose".
    As this is not a "FreeToPlay" game but a commercial project, thus the Alpha must be at least nicely playable, otherwise it could make some bad advertisment for the game.
    And bad advertisment is one of the worst thing that can happen to Uber.

So an Alpha before May is very unlikly.

And i won't bet my hand for May too, as we didn't had any real gameplay/screenshot yet (don't forget, the last LiveStream was a tech demo, not gameplay demo !).

But, well, who really knows ?
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Your logic concerning the Galactic Edition makes no sense, i.e. you can buy the beta-access package right now as well. Prepurchasing does not equal a scam at all?
    It would not make sense to sell alpha access after the start of the beta. So the beta will not be started by the end of april. That in turn makes sense.

Having an alpha that is a nice advertisement for the game... well it is called alpha for a reason. They need to communicate this and I think they are doing that already. Alpha is really early, so a proper alpha never really can represent the full game.
  15. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Anyone trying to "score" this Alpha as a review worthy end product needs to get fired...

Out of a cannon...

Into the Sun.
  16. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

My alpha prediction is May the 8th, My 21st-bday.... gonna drink while blowing up planets alpha style with friends..

And guys, logic dictates that an alpha release of the game is bound to be of lesser quality then the finished product...Not by quality or potential of the game.. but by the implied definition of Alpha...

Requesting an alpha as pristine as the finished project is as useless...as....as......

Aquaman....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0kvdi3GGA0

I have spoken...live long and prosper...
  17. ferigad

ferigad Member

Well i guess a live, in-engine demonstration of the client sounds like it is a client close to alpha-state .I think it shouldnt be to long until a working Alpha.

But if they are able to launch it regular and if that engine got allready a basic UI and some basic functions, it would be a alpha version, i guess.

So i would say in about 2-4 weeks if that tech-demo works well at friday. If it is really a tech demo and not a presentation of a alpha ready version. Wouldnt be suprised if they say "Ha, Suprise, it worked well so we are Alpha ready!" :p

And yes, alpha is more like half of the units got no textures, not even real models. More like cubes you push around to see if even the AI works fine and the basic functions of move, hold, construct, etc... thats Alpha for me.
  18. Daddie

Daddie Member

As a programmer I can safely say that an Alpha version is the finished product that will be send to customers.. The period between the Alpha release, Beta and the actual release is used to drink beer and party..

:mrgreen:
  19. ferigad

ferigad Member

Remembers me of a german joke that was used to describe technical products from some companys that sells them before they are really ready.

Translated its like banana-products.

Why banana products?

.... ripens at the costumer :p
    (not quit easy to translate that one...)
  20. mtoft

mtoft New Member

April 19th? :eek: