What's with all the GENERAL negativitism?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by JON10395, August 25, 2011.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Re: What's with all the negativitism?

Go ahead. Ask Scathis. Look at the posts from Jessep around the time this website was originally created. I don't say things willy nilly.
  2. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Scathis and Eka are online, why don't they say anything?
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

And somehow with the ease of PC updating, it came out later. Right...

Lol.
  4. Polynomial

Summer of Arcade has to be 360 exclusive.
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Well regardless of any plans or ideas, the fact remains that the 360 version came out first, and will always be the original MNC.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Even though I said it would be the worst outcome they could easily have Tully's as paid DLC and some of the balance stuff and they could charge 800 microsoft points and it would sell and breath another year or two into the game. 800 msp = $10.00.

I say worst because people complain about more for that price with games like CoD. :D
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

As much as I dislike Tully's, I agree. At the very least, it's something different from what we've been playing for the last year.
  8. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

I understand the business decision, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. If I had a PC that I played games on I probably would still feel the same way. 360 is all about convenience. Friends list, voice chat, lobbies. Boom. It's all there. I don't have to tinker with settings and drivers or rely on extra programs for voice chat to talk to other players. Seamless. Considering I'm 30 and don't have a whole lot of free time to play games, consoles make much more sense for me. So this move sucks for me.
  9. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Here is my only complaint, I wish we (360 players) could have an open conversation about where the 360 is going. I feel like for the past 4-6 months there hasn't been a single dev sighting other than them telling us that they can't update the game in very short and vague posts. Then the devs release another standalone game for the PC and don't even bother to tell any information about the 360.

As far as the whole, who came first thing is concerned. Doesn't matter in interest to SMNC in the slightest and uberent doesn't owe the 360 players anything (like what seems to be implied), but for the sake of argument, MNC on xbox came out like 6 months before PC. I even remember a poll on the forums asking where uberent should expand to (hard to imagine they had concrete plans for PC if such a poll existed).
  10. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Exactly. So they released it on the 360 and made money. They created a fanbase that loved their work and constantly brought more people into their game.

They then took that money, didn't release 2/3 of the DLC they said they would release for the 360, released it on another platform, gave 10x more support to that platform and is now releasing a completely upgraded version of the game the initial fanbase loved in a format a large majority of their initial fanbase can't play.

I don't see how you can't see that this is a not good thing to do.
  11. TNine

TNine New Member

I don't like the deviation from the turret-based arena for more MOBA components, but i understand why Uber is doing it. MNC is simply too strange and hard of a game, leaning more heavily towards one of the components (MOBA) is more likely to attract people of that genre.
  12. wakkydude

wakkydude New Member

Step 1: Release game
    Step 2: Run off with the money
    Step 3: Abandon a large portion of your fanbase
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: PROFIT!
  13. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

We got shafted plain and simple Jon, they sold it on the 360 to raise cash for the pc that has an extremely lower fan base.
  14. peteisfat

peteisfat New Member

Why is this a problem? Plenty of developers do this these days!

/sarcasm
  15. teapot

teapot Post Master General

you guys should just simply not listen to poly, he's just going to make you mad. It's not about the fan base to him, it's not about keeping promises, it's not about communicating and giving the world to less than half the fan base all while completely shunning the console players. It's not about ethics, or wanting respect. It's not about resolving these issues, or trying to dissolve the situation.

It's simply business, and we apparently are nobody to him or the rest of uber, because this is the best business decision ever, i guess. We aren't good business, and the only choice uber had was to lie, mislead us, not fill their promises, and abandon us. After all that is good business..

thats what I'm getting out of this. Try helping the situation out poly, instead of making things worse.
  16. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

HEY EVERYBODY, I HAVE A GREAT BUSINESS DECISION THAT DOESN'T COST ANY OF OUR PC PLAYERS MONEY! BOY, WE'RE SURE DO LOVE THAT PC AND THEY SURE DO LOVE US!

But sir(s), what about the updates for the 360 version when you said the engine change would bring them out?

What?
  17. Polynomial

How do you recommend Uber support the 360 platform and stay in business?
  18. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

EXACTLY!
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

This is how. . .

Will Super MNC have an upgraded engine?
    Yes! Super MNC is built on an upgraded engine that was originally planned as an update to MNC.

Should have done that, they should have done that. But no, it was a pretty "smart" business move on Uber's behalf. Nothing to do with what WE want, though is it?
  20. Polynomial

I don't mean to intentionally play devil's advocate. I'm trying to explain the reasoning behind Uber's choices based on my knowledge of the game and team and their history.

Unfortunately, not everyone will like every decision everyone makes.