What's up this week?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, October 2, 2012.

1. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

They get bagels for breakfast. What else could it be?
  2. elexis

elexis Member

I can confirm that cancer is no longer an issue in the PA universe.
  3. wolfdogg

wolfdogg Member

Spill the beans already.
  4. Consili

Consili Member

Nor any disease for that matter.
  5. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

However viruses still exist
  6. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Maybe Chris Taylor is leaving his own company, joining with Uber, having the urge to start coding games again...feeling that PA is awakening the hardcore gamer in him, again. :)
  7. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

gaahh why can't he just wait when good things happen until he can say more , or just not say if he won't be able to say more. :-( . saying something swthout saying something is annoying
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I could certainly take the approach of not saying anything until it's actually able to be announced. That's basically less information flow but it might not be as rough for you.

I spent last night re-writing a bunch of my research code into something a bit more usable for production. Still working on terrain generation.

The UI integration seems to be coming along nicely. We still have to get more practical experience with it but I'm confident I'll be able to outline it soon so people can start thinking from that perspective for mods. No it's not lua + some custom system.
  9. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

i mean i love the communication, i really do, I was just being nitpicky about the posting about info that you might post later as kind of a cliff hanger, yeah we're spoiled, but hey.
  10. thapear

thapear Member

I like the suspense you manage to build with your posts, so keep it up just like it is.
    Thanks for the regular updates.
  11. Consili

Consili Member

Keep going as is Neutrino, I for one enjoy the regular information flow, even when it isn't hard fast facts. Keep us in the loop : )
  12. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

I totaly agree to this ^^.

Neutrion can show us the total Paypal amount?
  13. exterm

exterm New Member

14. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Yes,I know but thats not the final amount.The Paypal thing took 1 1/2 months longer after the livestream you must know.
  15. magicide1

magicide1 Member

These little tidbits are awesome. It's interesting seeing little bits and pieces of how the game is coming along without going into too much detail.

It would be nice if we had a dev diary like they are doing at Mechwarrior Online. It doesn't have to be on a set schedule but having an email with info on milestones or interesting happenings in Uber's world helps keep people in touch during the months between Kickstarter completion and Alpha/Beta where we can be more directly involved.
  16. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

This sort of is the dev diary in a way. We are also making a documentary so we're documenting quite a bit of stuff.

I made a good amount of progress on the planet building today. Mostly low-level type technical stuff but I did re-write a good portion of it over the last few days and it's quite a bit faster now. Incremental updates are also partially written so I can modify it at runtime now. I'm fairly happy how this stuff is working out. Soon I'll be moving away from geometry onto the texturing system...
  17. thepyro13

thepyro13 Member

I love the little updates, keep em coming! :D I also love that you're going into a little bit of technical detail with them as well.
  18. Consili

Consili Member

Ditto, on a few occasions It has necessitated me asking or looking up things in order to understand, but at the end of it I have learned something about the process which to me is quite exciting.
  19. thapear

thapear Member

I am increasingly curious as to what this meant. :)
  20. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Unstickying so neutrino can post a new topic that might be more relevant.