What's up this week? - 11/5/2012

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, November 5, 2012.

1. oldscum

oldscum New Member

I don't think you need to spend any effort on the Scandinavian languages. I think most of us will want to play the English version anyway - that's what we're used to and it enables us communicate easily in/about the game with the rest of the English-speaking world.
  2. r1zoTo

r1zoTo Member

:shock:

Pics or it didn´t happen ! :p
  3. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

You included Finnish and Norwegian but not Swedish? Heresy!

Kidding aside, the Swedes are quite adept at English (Understanding and writing, but less so in pronunciation :p) so we dont realy need it.

Even if you were planning to add Swedish, me and many other Swedes would prefear English (I have no actual numbers, i just know that aloot of people dislike translations), i still hate Assasins creed III for forcing me to have the menys and text in Swedish without giving me the option to change it to English.
  4. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Neutrino is very unactive at the forum for a week now.I hope he is working on something amazing to show us of.
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I've just been busy working on stuff. Lots of things in the works right now but most of it unfortunately doesn't make a good demo ;)
  6. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Ok then, concentrate on your stuff and work hard ;)
  7. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

neutrino you need to employ an intern, who has only one job to do: Post everything you do here :D
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE.

You don't even need to pay me.
  9. svip

svip Member

Nein! I want to read the name of spaceships and science-fiction jargon translated into Danish! Like »rumskibe« and »robotter«.

In fact, archaic terms would be incredibly fun in a science-fiction setting.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Trust me.. I bug him regularly to see if there is new media I can post. No intern needed. I annoy him plenty. ;-)

The funny thing about developing is that, in the early stages, it's hard to get enough content out to show to people that looks good and leaves a good impression, the further we get in development, though, the more content we have, and we almost end up with too much, and having to pick and choose, which is its own logistics nightmare. There's a sweet spot right in the middle that lasts for about three weeks where you have the perfect amount of content to be able to show people. :shock:
  11. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Y'know, screenshots of code would probably make like half of us fall over drooling? :) Or a class file.. I could spend lots of time looking at a class file.
  12. sharpy34

sharpy34 New Member

Agreed, I'm learning Java and C++ atm so seeing a class file will certainly make me drool :D
  13. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

Personally I don't mind a bad impression, it's fascinating to see how things that look unattractive and disappointing at the begining keep getting better and better, I feel that it won't harm the marketing as long as the final product is awesome.
  14. zachb

zachb Member

I also wouldn't mind seeing how the json files that store the planets are formatted.

Can we fight on a giant tea pot?
    http://learningwebgl.com/lessons/lesson14/Teapot.json
  15. ChillAAA

ChillAAA Member

I see you Pawz
  16. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

17. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I trolled through some code trying to figure out something to show you guys but I couldn't find anything I felt comfortable with ;)
  18. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

We will have patience with you. We can wait until tomorrow. :mrgreen:
  19. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Neutrino, we're not in a hurry, we all here trust uber.
    "When it's done" ;)
  20. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

I can wait until Friday for your next update on the forums,livestream,etc but if we have to sit on a chair and drink some coffee until the toast is toasted I am very sad.
    So let us get a look into the toaster ;)