What's the one class you don't play and why?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by th3cozy, December 8, 2010.

?

What's the one class you don't play and why?

1. Support

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Assassin

14 vote(s)
    18.7%
  3. Assault

15 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Sniper

19 vote(s)
    25.3%
  5. Gunner

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Tank

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

use cloak to sneak into base, kill turrets. use cloak to get out of your base and into bot lanes, kill bots. run away from other pros when possible. wala, your good with the assassin.
  2. thrustbucket

thrustbucket New Member

Assault. Because if MNC had an "easy" mode it would be Assault. I also notice that most TDM people from other games usually latch on to the Assault. There is a reason he is the tutorial.

I accidentally chose him last night, decided not to spend any money and spawn as something else after death. Funny thing was, even for my first time with Assault and no upgrades - I got 7 kills before dying (and I suck, I have a .67 k/d). It was so ridiculously easy I was laughing.

I did feel sort of the same way about the gunner pre patch, but since they nerfed his long range, he's ok. They should just have named Spunky Cola Arena the Gunner arena though.
  3. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I don't play Sniper, I get bored of sniping and go into direct combat. It never ended well.
  4. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

i laughed at bro's "guide" to the assassin

Assault, i just can't do it
  5. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

and smoke bomb jump when someone looks at you.
  6. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

I play all the classes. I guess I'm a Jack of all trades. I always try to fill the gap in the team makeup unless its so horrible that there is no redemption and no possibility of victory.

I like Assault because of his mobility and sneaky flight paths that let you flank people.
    I like Tank because of his devastating charge, and having one every 4 seconds lets you use it for mobility and for combat in very short order. Tank jumps rule!
    I like Gunner because of his overwhelming firepower, and ability to nuke turrets from a distance
    I like Assassin because being a sneaky backstabbing witch is WAY cool. Also, melting bots is ESSENTIAL to victory, and I focus like a lazerblazer on enemy bots before all else.
    I like Support because healing allies lets them win conflicts they'd otherwise lose, the Firebase is a MASSIVE roadblock to teams without a competent support, and the Support himself is just a bouncy, bounding shotgun of DOOM. Oh, and Airstrikes.
    I like Sniper because of his Ice traps and Flak.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lots of creativity and thought put into that one...
  8. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I don't play Tank or Gunner really. Simply because they are slooooooow and boring. I find it exciting to assassinate someone or headshot them. Oooh headshots make me giggly and backslaps are so much fun x3
  9. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I don't really play the Assassin much. In fact, hardly ever. I don't really know why though. I guess it's all just a matter of opinion.

"Sprintz" is your best friend here.
  10. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

It used to be Assassin, since I was under the impression that it would differ too wildly from what I'm used to, as a Sniper. In the last week, I've played lots of Assassin and gotten really good with her, so the only class I don't play is Gunner. Too much of a one-trick pony for me.

I play Sniper almost exclusively.
    I play Assassin when I see the other team has an Assassin and I expect them to farm bots.
    I play Support when we don't have a Support or people to watch the base while Assassins farm bots and juice.
    I play Tank when the other team decides that pew pews will keep us away from their base (I fully expect this to be removed later on).
    I play Assault when the other team is pushing our base hard, so I can fly over to their spawn and harass anybody my team sends back to spawn, drawing attention away from our base.
    I play Gunner when I have host on LazeRazor. That's pretty much it.

Gunner it is.
  11. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Well what did you expect? Some slobbering love fest over the sniper?

"His gun shoots powerful accurate shots at things" "His other gun sprays weak bullets everywhere"

Better? Oh wait, forgot this.

"Grabple roflmao FORE"
  12. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I don't really have custom classes of these guys because I don't play as them, but I guess I could try it out. Maybe I'd like them more with speed xD
  13. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

THE AULT! TRY THE AULT JANE! :D
    Last edited: December 8, 2010
  14. Organous

Organous Member

Surprising that so many people share my lack of affinity for Assault. Tank is also pretty well avoided for me, but I find I just can't make Assault work for me. I like having strengths that I can maximize and just let my overall gameplay compensate for my weaknesses. When I play Assault, I'm never really able to use his strengths, but my weaknesses are glaring.
  15. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I concur with this gentleman. I would also add that it doesn't work because of the movement of the Lunge button.
  16. F5in

F5in New Member

I play every class mang.
  17. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Support. 'Cause I suck at it.
  18. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Well, officially I always play Support so technically I never play the other classes because I'm Support :lol:

Unofficially I do use some of the other classes, especially if my team is lacking offensive power. But I never go Assassin. I don't have the patience/skills to be a ninja.
  19. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

I play assassin almost exclusively except on spunky cola...I prefer sniper.
  20. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

All of you struggling with the assassin, here's a pro tip: Kill bots. All day every day. This isn't goddamn team deathmatch, run away if someone starts shooting you.