What's missing from TA and SupCom in PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by darkagentx, December 26, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

good points.
  2. darkagentx

darkagentx Member

As I've been playing more, it's less the big differences I'm noticing now, and the tiny little interface differences that I'm beginning to miss a little. Things like build templates, stated resource drain for a given builder, adjusting a build queue's position and movement ETA. Little things like that.

I suppose most of all that I miss would be the persistence of strategic icons for discovered structures and unit behind the fog of war. You can still see the structures (or at least the last know state of them based on last intel, reminds me of a cool feature in Sins of a Solar Empire, Time since last seen), but you have to zoom in to try and identify them. Can be very hard when things get hectic and you're trying to find that anti-nuke structure in a hurry.
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...lips-and-the-general-approach-to-intel.49424/
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

If you hover your mouse over a fabber it'll show their resource usage in the bottom left.

(Though the rest is valid)
    darkagentx likes this.
  5. darkagentx

darkagentx Member

I was more thinking about how it's not stated in the build options list as part of the cost, as well as the time to build, but that's useful to know for learning them. Thanks!
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Hmm.. is it not? I thought it even went to telling you the fabber's efficiency- though maybe that's all it tells you, not sure.
  7. darkagentx

darkagentx Member

It looks like I've overlooked a difference between the two games.

Just to illustrate to anyone unfamiliar with SupCom, this is what I'm referring to.
    SupCom Build info.png
    Very useful for keeping tabs on the eco strain for any given construction. Of course, for a given builder the fabrication rates would vary for different units and structures. So while the Mex pictured is constructed at a rate of 6m/s using the Commander, the T1 Land Factory is constructed at 8m/s. That's pretty minor, but later the differences can be more severe. Seems in PA though fabrication occurs at set rates for each factory or fabrication unit. So you're right, it is in the game. I didn't notice that it was there because it's listed in the fabricator properties when building them, not next to the cost of the thing you want to build. Thanks for helping clear that up.
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Gil-E bots act as mobile TMD. Given the limited range of TMLs, this is appropriate.